At Make-A-Wish® America, we are more than a great place to work — our work is life-changing. Together, we create life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. Nearly 40 years ago the inspiration for Make-A-Wish began with one little boy's wish to be a police officer. Today, together with our volunteers, donors, staff and supporters, Make-A-Wish has granted more than 500,000 life-changing wishes and transformed countless lives.
Make-A-Wish America is the national headquarters for our organization, providing resources and support for our 60 Chapters around the country. The Information Technology team is comprised of a diverse team of technologists responsible for building and operating the technologies that enable Make-A-Wish to grant the wish of every eligible child. The Information Technology team is focused on providing innovative solutions across these key areas: Operations, Security, Applications, Infrastructure, Governance, and Analytics.
The Data Analyst role is a key contributor to our mission by supporting data governance initiatives to ensure data quality and enable greater insights from internal and external information.
WHERE YOU COME IN
As a Data Analyst at Make-A-Wish America you will:
- Support the planning, preparation, translation, and execution of data flows and migrations between enterprise platforms.
- Evaluate enterprise data and identify opportunities to improve data through governance.
- Develop data integrity checks and leads remediation efforts with stakeholders.
- Evaluate requirements for data gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and build translation models for the Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Partner with stakeholders and subject matter experts to support ongoing documentation and maintenance of data standards within the enterprise knowledgebase.
- Partner with stakeholders to identify and implement data enrichment throughout the enterprise.
- Evaluate enterprise data to identify emerging trends.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Information Systems, Finance, Industrial Engineering or related field
- 2+ years relevant experience as a Data Analyst
- Ability to write and interpret SQL-based queries
- Familiarity with translation tools, Master Data Services
- Experience with Power BI
- Ability to be to be successful and adapt in a matrix organization
- Growth mindset, inspired to innovate and solution
- Strong organizational skills to handle multiple projects and deadlines
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation with annual incentive potential
- Comprehensive benefit package: Medical, Vision, Dental, Wellness*
- Health and Flexible Spending Account Options
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Life Insurance*
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- 15 PTO days, 10 Sick Days, 10 Paid Holidays, and 2 Personal Days
- Maternity Leave
- Educational Tuition Assistance
- Employee Awards and Recognition Programs
- Individual and Leadership Development
- Discounts and special offers for theme parks, events, hotels, concerts, and movie tickets
*Make-A-Wish America pays the monthly premiums for employees participating in the HSA qualified healthcare, vision, dental, and short/long term disability plans.
We are more than a great place to work - our work is life changing. We are an inclusive and diverse group of people who, through a mosaic of backgrounds, thoughts, and experiences are united in purposeful work. We are fueled and guided by our values - values that are represented in the inspired people we work with and the transformational work we do every day.
We respect and ensure equal opportunity, regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, perceived disability and other legally protected characteristics.