Senior Manager of Storytelling Strategy
At Make-A-Wish® America, we are more than a great place to work — our work is life-changing. Together, we create life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. Nearly 40 years ago the inspiration for Make-A-Wish began with one little boy's wish to be a police officer. Today, together with our volunteers, donors, staff and supporters, Make-A-Wish has granted more than 300,000 life-changing wishes and transformed countless lives.
As the Senior Manager of Storytelling Strategy, you will strengthen our mission by leveraging industry-leading storytelling best practices to translate brand awareness into action. This is a transformational opportunity to build Make-A-Wish storytelling strategies, practices and procedures to support enterprise-wide brand-building and revenue-generating efforts.
Make-A-Wish America is the national headquarters for our organization, providing resources and support for our 60 Chapters around the country. The Brand and Marketing Department is comprised of innovative marketing professionals who elevate our brand and optimize enterprise marketing activities. This team’s work is focused on enhancing brand equity to increase individual and corporate giving to provide resources to grant a wish for every eligible child. This role resides within the Creative Services team, which is devoted to collaboratively providing strategic creative solutions to the Make-A-Wish enterprise through excellence in editorial, design, video and storytelling supported by best-in-class project management.
WHERE YOU COME IN
As the Senior Manager of Storytelling Strategy you will:
- Drive short and long-term strategy that leverages the power of storytelling
- Develop storytelling strategy in partnership with philanthropic corporate partners
- Collaboratively build, execute and maintain strategies, processes and expertise
- Serve as the central focal point for the best Make-A-Wish stories throughout the enterprise
- Drive the direction, organization, communication and training surrounding storytelling
- Work closely with stakeholders to discover, assess, organize and streamline storytelling
- Provide industry-leading thought leadership to support excellence in storytelling
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 7+ years serving in content strategy and storytelling leadership roles
- 3+ years leading a team of content and storytelling experts
- Previous storytelling and content-building experience
- Advanced understanding of building effective processes and procedures
- Proven ability to build and execute short and long-term strategies
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to find effective solutions
- Previous people leader experience, including development and performance management
- Innate curiosity and drive for continuous improvement
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation with annual incentive potential
- Comprehensive benefit package: Medical, Vision, Dental, Wellness*
- Health and Flexible Spending Account Options
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Life Insurance*
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- 15 PTO days, 10 Sick Days, 10 Paid Holidays, and 2 Personal Days
- Maternity Leave
- Educational Tuition Assistance
- Employee Awards and Recognition Programs
- Individual and Leadership Development
- Discounts and special offers for theme parks, events, hotels, concerts, and movie tickets
*Monthly premiums paid for the employee for medical (HSA qualified plan), vision, dental, and short/long term disability.
We are more than a great place to work - our work is life changing. We are an inclusive and diverse group of people who, through a mosaic of backgrounds, thoughts, and experiences are united in purposeful work. We are fueled and guided by our values - values that are represented in the inspired people we work with and the transformational work we do every day.
We respect and ensure equal opportunity, regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, perceived disability and other legally protected characteristics.