Senior Manager of IT Applications
At Make-A-Wish® America, we are more than a great place to work — our work is life-changing. Together, we create life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. Nearly 40 years ago the inspiration for Make-A-Wish began with one little boy's wish to be a police officer. Today, together with our volunteers, donors, staff and supporters, Make-A-Wish has granted more than 300,000 life-changing wishes and transformed countless lives.
Under the direction of the Director of IT Applications, the Senior Manager of IT Applications manages the continuing deployment, development, and ongoing support of enterprise applications. The incumbent supervises staff that support present and future software applications and their workflow processes; sets priorities and goals that achieve specified outcomes; provides strong leadership skills that encourage staff growth and motivation; demonstrates the ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines; provides measurable customer service, and performs duties aligned to the mission and values of Make-A-Wish.
Make-A-Wish America is the national headquarters for our organization, providing resources and support for our 60 Chapters around the country. The Information Technology team is comprised of a diverse team of technologists responsible for building and operating the technologies that enable Make-A-Wish to grant the wish of every eligible child. The Information Technology team is focused on providing innovative solutions across these key areas: Operations, Security, Applications, Infrastructure.
WHERE YOU COME IN
As the Senior Manager of Enterprise IT Applications you will:
- Act as owner and primary administrator of assigned application(s).
- Provide application and system support to all employees for assigned application(s).
- Provide application performance monitoring, evaluation and optimization.
- Maintain application road map and work with all stakeholders to set priorities.
- Lead and manage multiple complex and strategic initiatives.
- Monitor license usage and budgeting for licensing costs.
- Provide metrics on anticipated needs during budget cycle and submit procurement requests
- Maintain relationship with vendor to resolve application issues
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
- Support the company’s commitment to protect the integrity and confidentiality of systems and data.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Master degree in relevant area highly preferred
- 7+ years of progressively responsible professional IT Applications related experience
- Previous people leader experience, including development and performance management.
- Innate curiosity and drive for continuous improvement.
- Functional knowledge of project management standards, processes, and best practices desired.
- Must be a self-starter and thrives on working in fast-paced and changing environment.
- Experience with Salesforce desirable but not required.
- Experience with Marketing Cloud desirable but not required.
- Experience with Visual Studio, SQL Server Management Studio, GitHub desirable but not required.
- Experience with Luminate Online/TeamRaiser desirable but not required.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation with annual incentive potential
- Comprehensive benefit package: Medical, Vision, Dental, Wellness*
- Health and Flexible Spending Account Options
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Life Insurance*
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- 15 PTO days, 10 Sick Days, 10 Paid Holidays, and 2 Personal Days
- Maternity Leave
- Educational Tuition Assistance
- Employee Awards and Recognition Programs
- Individual and Leadership Development
- Discounts and special offers for theme parks, events, hotels, concerts, and movie tickets
*Monthly premiums paid for the employee for medical (HSA qualified plan), vision, dental, and short/long term disability.
We are more than a great place to work - our work is life changing. We are an inclusive and diverse group of people who, through a mosaic of backgrounds, thoughts, and experiences are united in purposeful work. We are fueled and guided by our values - values that are represented in the inspired people we work with and the transformational work we do every day.
We respect and ensure equal opportunity, regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, perceived disability and other legally protected characteristics.