Leadership Gifts Associate
At Make-A-Wish® America, we are more than a great place to work — our work is life-changing. Together, we create life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. Nearly 40 years ago the inspiration for Make-A-Wish began with one little boy's wish to be a police officer. Today, together with our volunteers, donors, staff and supporters, Make-A-Wish has granted more than 300,000 life-changing wishes and transformed countless lives.
The Leadership Gifts Associate is responsible for enabling the growth of transformational giving at Make-A-Wish. This individual will play a significant role in setting leadership up for success to deepen donor/sponsor relationships resulting in sustainable revenue.
Make-A-Wish America is the national headquarters for our organization, providing resources and support for our 60 Chapters around the country. The Development Team is committed to providing a best-in-class donor experience by elevating our fundraising programs across the country. This team of fundraising professionals are driving a culture of philanthropy to provide resources to grant a wish for every eligible child.
WHERE YOU COME IN
As the Leadership Gifts Associate you will:
- Have knowledge of principal giving/corporate sponsor/high-level relationship-based fundraising
- Have exceptional written, oral and interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Effectively interface with senior management, board of directors, staff and external audiences
- Demonstrate skill and comfort in proactively building relationships with business partners
- Influence and engage indirect reports at various levels
- Operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker
- Have a track record for translating strategy into actions plans
- Excellent judgement and creative problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of CRM, donor databases
- Demonstrated ability to partner and interact with all levels of the organization
- Participate in donor strategy meetings
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in Nonprofit Management, Communications or related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience in fundraising or high-profile executive support
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, CRM, working in a donor database.
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation with annual incentive potential
- Comprehensive benefit package: Medical, Vision, Dental, Wellness*
- Health and Flexible Spending Account Options
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Life Insurance*
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- 15 PTO days, 10 Sick Days, 10 Paid Holidays, and 2 Personal Days
- Maternity Leave
- Educational Tuition Assistance
- Employee Awards and Recognition Programs
- Individual and Leadership Development
- Discounts and special offers for theme parks, events, hotels, concerts, and movie tickets
*Monthly premiums paid for the employee for medical (HSA qualified plan), vision, dental, and short/long term disability.
We are more than a great place to work - our work is life changing. We are an inclusive and diverse group of people who, through a mosaic of backgrounds, thoughts, and experiences are united in purposeful work. We are fueled and guided by our values - values that are represented in the inspired people we work with and the transformational work we do every day.