Cyber Security Engineer
Cyber Security Engineer (Mid-Level)
Overall Assignment Description:
Mid-level Cyber Security Engineers support the refinement of information security requirements and ensure that the requirements are integrated into information technology component products and information systems through purposeful security architecting, design, development, and configuration.
- Supports development teams working to design and develop information systems or upgrade legacy systems.
- Supports product research and support Analysis of Alternative (AoA) activities that independently identify the most appropriate security solutions.
- Develops system concepts, contribute to the capability phase of the systems development lifecycle, and translate technology and environmental conditions (e.g., law and regulation) into system security designs and processes.
- Supports development and documentation of Security Architectures, Roadmaps, and investments.
- Security Architecture and Engineering work activities the Cyber Security Engineer position would be required to support include:
- Engineer and implement Enterprise Security Services to ensure secure operation and defense of the NGA, NSG, and ASG operations.
- Provide engineering support to current Enterprise Security Services (IDAM, Cross Domain, Network and Host Defense, Cyber Security Operations capabilities) to include integration, upgrades and replacements.
- Providing technical expertise to support program development of secure applications and systems by providing technical guidance for implementation of ICD-503 required controls, speeding the delivery of capabilities to our customers and subsequent future cyber security policies and directives.
- Collaborate with cyber security contractor, operations and accreditation teams on execution of design, engineering, upgrade and integration activities.
- Continuously supports development and refinement of the As-Is and To-Be Security Architecture of the GEA and NGA, SAGE (CAP/SAP), NSG, and ASG in support of NGA Strategy.
Skills and Experience:
MUST POSSESS CURRENT TS/SCI CLEARANCE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program.
- Mid-level (6+ to 12 years) working experience in government or industry within Cyber Security Engineering.
- DoD 8570 Level I (IASAE) certification compliance
- Current TS/SCI security clearance
- DoD 8570 Level II (IASAE) certification compliance
- Mid-level working experience in government or industry supporting enterprise-level cyber security efforts involving architecting, designing, development, and configuration of cloud and on premise based systems and software.