VAEI is Seeking an Energetic, Innovative Sales Representative
Van Andel Education Institute (VAEI) is dedicated to creating classrooms where curiosity, creativity, and critical thinking thrive while making the world a better place, and we do this by providing engaging K-12 student programs and teacher programs. To bring this mission to life, we’re looking to expand our team.
Are you an educational sales representative tired of doing the same old thing working for large, corporate entities? Do you want to really make a difference in teachers and students lives? Do you want to contribute to making the world a better place? Come change the world with us!
VAEI seeks an innovative Sales Representative to join a growing team. You will work closely with the Associate Director of VAEI, receive input from VAEI’s leadership team, and be a contributing member of an amazing staff of talented people.
As VAEI’s Representative, your primary role is to meet or exceed quarterly and annual goals through various means, including:
- Developing and nurturing customer relationships with decision makers including, teachers, school principals, superintendents, and district administrators
- Ushering prospects through a funnel from awareness to conversion
- Creating and executing strategic territory business development plans
- Providing accurate forecasts and activity reporting
- Participating in network-building opportunities including conferences, events, speaking engagements, and industry/company functions
You should possess the following traits and characteristics:
- Highly organized and able to meet and exceed sales goals
- Enthusiastic about working closely with teachers and students
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- An enthusiastic mindset, great sense of humor, and a good attitude
- 3+ years of experience in consultative K-12 educational selling
- A proven record in developing new business and building strong customer relationships
- An entrepreneurial attitude, with ability to roll sleeves up and get things done swiftly
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills
- High degrees of personal and professional integrity
- Great work ethic and ability to work autonomously
- Classroom teaching experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
At VAEI, we strive to uphold a workplace that mirrors the type of classrooms we work so hard to create. These core values define our culture, brand, and offerings:
- Be curious
- Take risks
- Respect everyone
- Work with urgency
- Do the right thing
If mission, innovation, collaboration, passion, accountability, and respect are values you seek in an organization, we invite you to apply and join our team today!
To Apply for this Exciting Opportunity:
You’re convinced that you are just what Van Andel Education Institute needs, and you want an opportunity to prove it to us. Provide a cover letter that illustrates your expertise, what you bring to this role, and the difference you can make. We want to know:
- What unique experience do you bring that aligns with this position?
- Why are you passionate about education and innovative educational programming?
- What qualities and experience set you apart as an exceptional leader?
VAI is actively striving to diversify its workforce and strongly encourages qualified individuals from underrepresented groups to apply. Van Andel Institute is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer
About Grand Rapids, MI
Van Andel Education Institute is located in downtown Grand Rapids, MI, which is the second largest city in Michigan and the largest city in West Michigan. Grand Rapids offers a remarkable combination of cosmopolitan atmosphere and small-town warmth, known for its philanthropic and sustainability-driven community, and is ranked one of "America's Top 100 Places to Live."
Located on the banks of the Grand River, Grand Rapids offers all the big-city excitement you would expect from a million-resident metropolis, featuring hundreds of restaurants and nightspots, theaters, museums, sports and concerts. The safe and clean downtown is surrounded by an eclectic mix of walk-able neighborhoods.
With a medical and life sciences industry boom, strong entrepreneurial activity, dedication to green building and living, and innovative employers, Grand Rapids' diverse economy continues to grow, offering endless career opportunities.