Health Manager Little Learners
The Health Manager is responsible for the development, implementation and oversight of the health content areas of the program. Implement and ensure compliance with all local and state requirements as well as funding source regulations. Together with other members of the team, the Health Manager is involved with the day-to-day operations of the Little Learners Early Education Program. The Health Manager is responsible for updating, revising and evaluating all health forms, policies and procedures in a manner consistent with agency requirements. In addition, the Health Manager is responsible for obtaining nurse consultants for the Little Learners Program.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Nursing or related field plus two years of related work experience or Associate’s Degree in Health related field plus four years of related work experience.
- Must have access to reliable, insured transportation and ability to travel.
- Obtain within 6 months of hire and keep instructor authorization to teach CT Child Care First Aid, CPR and AED current
- Must have or obtain medication administration certification.
- Provide a TVCCA Staff Statement of Good Health statement signed by a physician, physician’s assistant, or nurse practitioner completed with twelve (12) months before the date of employment, and every twenty-four (24) months thereafter.
- Provide a written report of negative tuberculin test completed within twelve (12) months prior to the date of employment, or for a known prior reactor, no evidence of active tuberculosis on a chest x-ray.
- Continue professional development per funding.
- The TVCCA Little Learners Early Education Program requires staff to be available from 7:00AM-5:00PM to cover center operational hours.
- Read, write and perform basic math skills.
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess strong organizational skills, with demonstrated abilities in problem solving and efficient in time management.