Eagle Bancorp, Inc. headquartered in Bethesda, MD, was incorporated in 1997 to serve as the bank holding company for EagleBank. Eagle Bancorp is a publicly traded company under the symbol EGBN. EagleBank commenced banking operations on July 20, 1998, and currently operates 20 banking offices: six in Suburban, Maryland, five located in the District of Columbia; and nine in Northern Virginia. The Bank was founded to specifically address the business and personal needs of local business owners. It has been answering and exceeding those needs for over 20 years, providing custom financial solutions, local access to senior management, quick response, local decision-making, and a deeply-rooted dedication to the local community.
Our Mission is to be the most respected and profitable community bank by putting relationships first to the delight of our customers, employees, and shareholders, and relentlessly deliver the most compelling service and value. Eagle Bank’s Values are: Relationships F·I·R·S·T: Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted.
This position will be in the Pre-Closing Department within Credit Administration. The Pre-Closing Specialist is
responsible for supporting Lending Personnel, Loan Documentation and Compliance to provide a comprehensive review of borrower organizational documents to identify beneficial owners and any Insider affiliatons in compliance with FinCEN regulations regarding Beneficial Ownership and Controlling Individuals, Regulation O and other Insider policies and procedures. The Pre-Closing Specialist certifies the borrower ownership structure and the existence, if any Regulation O, Related Party or Conflict of Interest issues, and provides pre- and post-approval of for final loan approval, booking and closing. This position additionally provides the Loan Documentation Department with authorized signers, attestors and any other organizational information necessary to generate loan documents.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the bank’s core values of Relationships FIRST in all areas of job performance.
- Pre-Approval Process:
- Review borrower and guarantor organizational documents including, but not limited to, Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, Articles of Organization, Operating Agreements and Partnership Agreements, to determine beneficial ownership, authority to borrower/pledge assets, authorized signers and attestors;
- Review borrower/guarantor Beneficial Ownership Certification to ensure that it correctly represents the beneficial owners and controlling individual as determined from the organizational documentation review;
- Create organizational charts to document borrower and guarantor organizational structures as determined from the organizational documentation review;
- Search all borrowers, beneficial owners and guarantors through the bank’s Finanical Insider Interest Database to determine any Regulation O, Related Party or Conflict of Interest relationships and notify Compliance of any findings;
- If real estate collateral, review the Flood Certificate to determine the need, if any, for flood insurance;
- Prepare the Pre-Closing Review form providing approval for Lending Personnel and Loan Documentation to move forward with loan approval process.
- Post-Approval Process:
- Review the final loan approval document to verify appropriate approval authority and identification of Regulation O, Related Party or Conflict of Interest affiliations;
- Verify and review flood insurance if required by the Pre-Approval Review;
- Verify and review all other required insurance including, but not limited to, liability, hazard, business assets, builders risk and homeowners to ensure the insurance is within bank policy;
- Review loan coding for accuracy (Note Type, Commitment Type, Fed Call Code);
- Determine FHLB eligibility;
- Prepare the Post-Approval Review form providing approval for Loan Servicing to move forward with loan funding.
- Uploads documents related to the Pre-Closing review into Vision Content
- Communicates and escalates any identified issues and drives corrective action;
- Ensures waivers and deviations from policy are adequately documented;
- Consults with Lending personnel to address questions or concerns regarding organizational documents, and/or the Pre- and Post-Approval review process.
- May require direct contact with external Customers.
- Other duties as assigned and may require local travel (MD, DC, and Northern VA).
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3 years of experience in a C&I and/or CRE lending environment with experience in reviewing and interpreting organizational documents.
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree preferred