Maintenance Mechanic - Equipment
Responsible for providing ongoing technical and operator training within the Digital Print Area to ensure the manufacturing operations operate efficiently and effectively. Onsite service and support are required daily along with possible after hour remote computer and phone support as well.
- Perform technical support for proprietary digital print systems – includes many different types and styles of equipment and technology.
- Provide on-call after-hour support for the St. Charles Digital Printing Department with troubleshooting and repair of RR Donnelley’s proprietary technology.
- Repair components as needed to fulfill spare part requirements (repair depot).
- Expected, at times, to work side-by-side with developers to provide ongoing feedback regarding technical problems in the field. Must be able to see this process through to the end and deliver the solution or recommendations to the customer.
- Provide ongoing operator training.
This is a 3rd shift position - 6pm - 2am Mon-Fri
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- The candidate must be able to present themselves in a professional manner at all times and will be expected to interface with upper management.
- This position requires the ability to fully understand, service, and repair a complex technical system. This system includes server’s, electronic components, electrical systems, pneumatic systems, servo drives, and more.
- This position also requires good communication skills, which are required when dealing with outside vendors along with internal team members.
- This candidate should have or be prepared to obtain a strong understanding of printing, image quality, color management and web-handling experience as well.
- A well defined technical aptitude with a strong set of electrical skills.
- Electro-Mechanical skills are a plus.
- Experience with Windows 2008 and 2012 server a plus.
- Networking skills a plus.
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent, some college or trade school preferred, and/ or five to seven years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead or supervise others.
- Previous experience in the operation of a printing press or work in a printing environment preferred.
An A.A.S. degree in Electronics, Electrical Engineering Technology, or any other Engineering Technology Discipline will be considered. Certified Electricians or Technicians from various industries outside of the printing industry will also be considered. Having any of the above-mentioned skills, mixed with a strong IT background would be another plus. Substantial experience within the printing industry, in lieu of a degree, may also be considered.