Industrial Electronics Technician 3 - 2nd Shift
RRD Angola is a Federal Essential Employer and continues to be open for business without interruption.
Install, modify, repair, maintain, troubleshoot, test, and load new and existing electrical lines, circuits, systems, and associated fixtures, controls, and equipment. Installs and repairs electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment, following electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications, using hand tools, power tools, and electrical and electronic test equipment.
Thorough knowledge of the construction, installation, operation, and troubleshooting of sophisticated circuitry and controls associated with unique projects. Examples include ability to formulate the layout sketch of required electrical circuits, wire new test setups, install strain gauge circuits and recording instruments as needed by the test program to measure performance of test articles, check the installed system to insure that specified electrical test conditions are attained, and may troubleshoot the electrical portions of the test equipment during test programs to determine cause of malfunction. Critical limits are controlled by intricate interlock of safety systems of novel design and great complexity. Knowledge and ability to anticipate and respond quickly to danger signs as they become evident through intricate warning systems to avoid loss of time and expensive equipment. Must have skill in the use of hand tools, power tools and test equipment needed to perform job effectively. Knowledge of electronics to electronic components such as resistors, capacitors, and transistors.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions, procedures, manuals, schematics and blueprints including, but not limited to, ladder logic, electronic prints, general plant wiring, manufacturers' schematic and pneumatic diagrams.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal instructions.
- Ability to apply mathematics skill at first year university level such as differential calculus and introductory statistics.
- Mechanical aptitude required to set-up, operate and troubleshoot machinery.
- Must be able to communicate with vendors, suppliers and/or internal support personnel by providing necessary, accurate and detailed information.
- Must be able to work independently and/or as part of a team.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends, and overtime as needed. Position is currently assigned to second shift (M-F, 2PM - 10PM)
- Two years of Electrical trade school, Associates degree in Electronics or closely related field. (Education may be substituted for 5-7 years of electrical experience.)
- Minimum of 3 years experience in troubleshooting using schematics and ladder diagrams, PLC programming, 480V three phase wiring, and electric controls
- Computer experience and knowledge required.