OLC Adjunct: MUSIC
The Humanities & Education Department of the Global Online Learning Campus of Georgia Military College is now seeking applicants for adjunct instructors for Music on an on-going basis for future consideration into an applicant pool. Our online faculty work in a synergistic environment to promote student success grounded in critical thinking and meta cognitive practices. Online faculty members are expected to be progressive in their practice and implementation of online instructional strategies as well as be aware of the growing interdisciplinary nature of science.
Applications will not be considered until all required documents have been received. The position will remain open until filled.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach undergraduate level Music courses in an online, asynchronous environment according to the standards set forth by the College.
- Provide critical thinking-based instruction centered on the student learning outcomes of the courses and/or discipline.
- Instruct course(s) throughout the week including days, evenings, and weekends.
- Develop and/or locate resources that will aid in student learning.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in his/her subject area(s).
- Use instructional and discipline specific technology appropriate to the online classroom.
- Accommodate students with varying backgrounds and learning styles.
- Deliver course content successfully.
- Participate in the assessment of student learning.
- Manage courses such that students receive regular, weekly feedback.
- Provide external support for students and through cooperation with academic support coaches, advisors, and other support staff.
- Maintain professional relationships with students.
- Master’s degree with at least 18 graduate semester hours or 30 quarter hours in Music.
- Prior experience teaching at the collegiate level.
- Demonstrable effective written and oral communication skills.
- A Ph.D. with at least 18 graduate semester hours or 30 quarter hours in Music
- Demonstrable experience teaching and developing online courses in the discipline(s) listed above.
- Documented experience working with diverse and non-traditional learners.
- Experience instructing online classes through the Moodle learning management system.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office365 suite is highly preferred.
- The duties of the position will be conducted 100% online and remotely.
- Upon successful hire, candidates will be placed in the applicant pool and contacted to fill an adjunct instructor position should a need for staffing arise.
- Adjunct instructor contracts are renewable upon availability of classes and satisfactory job performance.
- Adjunct instructors will be required to attend and complete regularly scheduled faculty meetings.
- Adjunct instructors will be required to complete mandatory professional development as presented by the College.
Include the following with your submission:
1. Letter of interest.
2. Current resume or CV.
3. One (1) professional letter of reference.
4. Statement of teaching philosophy.
5. Copy of all unofficial transcripts.
Applications will not be considered until all required documents have been received. The application review process will commence immediately and continue until the necessary positions have been filled. Omission of any of the required documents will render your application invalid and it will not be reviewed. Candidates that successfully complete the hiring process will be placed in a candidate pool and will remain eligible to instruct classes at least 12 months from the time of hire or 12 months from the successful fulfillment of the latest contract of employment.
*Criminal background check and drug screen must be cleared before any candidate may begin working.
Georgia Military College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.