Architectural Student Intern
HOK designs buildings and spaces that respond to the needs of people and the environment. Our designers are rooted in technical excellence, driven by imagination and focused on a solitary goal: to deliver solutions that inspire clients and communities.
Serving Humanity is at the core of what we believe. HOK embraces this responsibility through a positive culture based on the power of optimism, imagination and knowledge to innovate and merge artistic beauty with technical excellence in all we create. We serve humanity, create better communities, protect the environment and improve the working and living conditions for all people. Optimism informs our leadership, empowers our people and inspires our clients. We promote and encourage training and mentorship, nurturing professional and personal growth. Our thought leadership provides the opportunity for clients to realize innovative solutions. Through experimentation and research, our knowledge allows imagination to thrive.
If you thrive on new challenges and want to make meaningful design contributions, HOK’s San Francisco studio is currently seeking an Architecture* Student Intern for the summer to join our team.
HOK offers Student Interns the opportunity to gain valuable, hands-on experience by working on some of the world’s most inspiring and forward-thinking projects in multiple markets and varied design phases. We also provide opportunities to work collaboratively on multidisciplinary teams and learn from established thought leaders on how to address the challenges of our built environment.
We are currently seeking an Architectural Student Intern to join our team. As an Architectural Student Intern, you are responsible for performing basic architectural assignments by receiving specific and detailed instruction as to tasks required and results expected.
- Prepares and modifies architectural documents, elevations, sections, details, etc. as directed by others utilizing CAD/BIM.
- Develops solutions to technical and design problems following established standards.
- Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
- Prepares 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings.
- Builds models or prepares project boards for client/project team review.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
- Possess basic hand and CAD/BIM drafting skills.
- Ability to build physical models.
- Basic knowledge in AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Basic knowledge in Revit is preferred.
- Proficiency in 3D Modeling software such as 3D Studio Max and preferred.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software preferred.
- Basic knowledge about sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Currently enrolled in an architecture or related degree program.
- Previous internship with an architectural or interior design firm preferred.
HOK is a drug-free workplace. HOK is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.