Light Equipment Operator 2 -3rd Shift
KIRK RD - Operate offline and auxiliary binding/finishing/packaging/taping equipment. Set up and adjusts machine and equipment for production runs. Clean, lubricate and maintain machine to ensure its optimum operation. May troubleshoot issues and submit requests for maintenance as needed. May coordinate the assignment of crewmembers and may provide training for new team members.
Requires familiarity with routine operating procedures of equipment which can be set up and operated following a few step by step instructions and the skill to operate the equipment. Requires skill to perform minor clerical tasks incidental to the operation of the equipment (e.g., maintain machine operating and maintenance records, write new identification labels for computer tapes, etc.), and skill to perform routine maintenance such as cleaning and lubricating the equipment. Ability to identify if improper machine operation and make basic adjustments.
Overtime is required at times to meet production needs.
- Ability to read and interpret written work which indicates the number and sequence of machine operations required to complete the work and maintain dimensional accuracy in accordance with instructions provided.
- Basic computer skills
POSITIONS ARE AVAILABLE ON 3RD SHIFT.
- Operates the Finishing equipment according to job specifications to stitch covers into booklets using IBIS/Duplo/Perfect Binders
- Ensures bundles are grouped, processed, and packaged correctly by checking job numbers, control numbers, quantities, and package contents to verify that all numbers match up with the ticket and to maintain high quality and accuracy of shipments
- Wraps loose forms into bundles using the wrapper equipment to enable easier shipping and handling
- Organizes the work area to maintain a safe and clean environment
- Hand Stuffs missing numbers forms according to instruction in the planner
- May be required to pack-out wrapped and loose forms by organizing them according to control numbers and shipping and packaging instructions to ensure the quantity and addresses are correct prior to shipping
- Stuffs special jobs according to job specification and by using special component to complete jobs that cannot be run on the inserters due to page count and form size. Utilizing EPIC, production binders, coordinate finishing and production to ensure client specifications are followed correctly.
- Operates the paragon Meter Machines according to job specification
- Previous experience in the operation of a bindery machine or work in a printing environment preferred.
- Good communication skills both oral and written. Must be able to read and understand job and mailing specification, shipping codes, critical numbering system and work orders
- Basic Math skills
- Lifting up to 50 lbs, 4-6 hours
- Walking/standing, 6-7 hours
- Bending/stooping, 2-3 hours