Digital Print Operator
3rd Shift Print Operator needed 10pm-6:30am (Ability to train on 1st or 2nd shift)
- Operate inkjet, laser, xerographic or offset duplicating printers.
- RIP files or review job instructions to prepare jobs for printing.
- Maintain daily print job production logs and daily delivery manifests.
- Setup, program and release jobs from print queue.
- May adjust image position, perforations and folds on paper.
- Monitor quality of job output for correctness and image quality.
- Order supplies such as ink, chemical solutions, blankets and rollers, paper, tabs and other items as needed.
- Maintain inventory levels.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Skill to perform minor clerical tasks incidental to the operation of the equipment (e.g., maintain machine operating and maintenance records, write new identification labels for computer tapes, etc.)
- Skill to perform routine maintenance such as cleaning and lubricating the equipment
- Mechanical aptitude
- Requires knowledge of standard set ups, adjustments and operating characteristics of the equipment and skill to perform standard adjustments and operate the equipment.
- Ability to set up, operate, and perform basic adjustments to the equipment according to the individual job requirements, operating characteristics, and capabilities of the equipment.
- Typically, the adjustments performed at this level are routine and the need for such adjustments are readily apparent.
- Ability to understand written instructions, set-up the press, and carry out instructions
- Frequent lifting of 30 lbs or more, bending and turning
- Communication skills both written and verbal
- Flexibility in work hours required
- 3+ years experience working in a digital print environment operating Xerox digital printing equipment
- Prior experience with one or more of the following a plus: Xerox DP155, DP180, 4635 or IBM 4100
Include: Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD, LTD, 401 (k), Vacation, 7 Paid Holidays, 3 Personal Days, Shift Differential