Digital Press Imaging Operator
- Operate high resolution, variable print proprietary imaging equipment.
- Program and prepare jobs for printing.
- Maintain daily print job production logs and daily delivery manifests.
- Setup, program and release jobs from print queue.
- Adjust image position.
- Color quality and resolution, perforations and folds on paper, etc.
- Monitor quality of job output for correctness and image quality.
- Order supplies such as ink, chemical solutions, blankets and rollers, paper, tabs, and other items as needed.
- Maintain inventory levels.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Requires excellent knowledge of digital print and/or ink jet equipment set up, adjustment, operating procedures, and a corresponding level of skill to set up, operate, and adjust the equipment.
- Able to set up, operate, and adjust the equipment, and in addition, diagnose, solve, and correct operating problems affecting the quality and timeliness of the service or product or function.
- Requires knowledge of color theory and ability to make adjustments and color corrections when operating the equipment to produce the imaging to customer specifications.
- Good knowledge of file manipulation and file formats for digital print.
- Good knowledge and ability to set up feed rollers, tensioning, timing and in-line finishing per job specifications.
- May instruct junior level operators how to complete the required corrective adjustment.
- Typically, corrective adjustments performed require the operator to consider the symptom(s), possible causes and remedies.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work weekend overtime as needed.
- Must be able to flex schedule to meet the needs of production, including working a different shift if needed.
- Must be able to frequently lift 20 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds