HR Generalist 3
RRD has an immediate opening for an HR Generalist in Durham, NC. This HR Generalist will also provide HR support to our Wilson, NC plant.
Candidates with HR leadership experience in a production environment are preferrred.
HR Generalist will ensure effective employee relations, compensation, staffing, organizational development, training, safety and change management strategies. Fosters employee involvement at all levels.
Work is typically performed under no supervision, with only guidance about overall goals and objectives. Usually receive minimal to no guidance about how to complete work objectives. Must be able to define work based on evaluation of short term and long term goals of the department. Able to independently evaluate processes, identify areas of improvement, and incorporate in to overall work objectives.
- Responsible for guidance to all employees to insure consistent adherence to HR policies, procedures, and practices.
- Responsible for pro-active employee relations, communication support, and internal management consultation as they related to the Human Resource function
- Effectively support and foster the company's Open Door Policy
- Administer the employment function, which includes recruiting and screening of applicants, facilitating the use of any temporary employment agencies and managing the job posting system for internal/external candidates in accordance with company and legal guidelines.
- Assist in the development and implementation of all Strategic HR management programs (i.e. employee involvement, hiring, promotional practices, wages structures, and proactive employee relations)
- Assist in managing Worker's Compensation Insurance issues, including making recommendations to facilitate the timely closing of claims.
- Coordinate, facilitate and/or assist in all training activities within the facility (i.e. safety compliance, orientation programs, job knowledge, and leadership performances).
- Provide prompt and accurate guidance to employees regarding all benefit programs including timely orientation programs.
- Maintain all personnel records in accordance with EEO, privacy, and related requirements. Advise management teams regarding prompt and accurate completion of all status changes and in assuring prompt and accurate updated information in the HRIS system.
- Promote working together with all departments to build continual improvement within the company.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1) Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with 5-7 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience in a manufacturing environment.
2) Able to apply broad work experience and knowledge when analyzing complex problems. Must be able consistently identify critical elements, variables and alternatives to develop solutions. Must be able to organize/prioritize existing resources and incorporate new information, as needed, to implement the most effective solutions. Able to communicate clearly and courteously with those who need to know of decisions/actions/problems. Able to apply excellent business acumen and collaborative skills when resolving problems.
3) Able to apply excellent functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, MAC, or other technical tools in completing assignments. Able to apply expertise in all the tools or applications used to complete work assignments. Able to mentor junior level team members in the use of tools and/or systems in the position.
4) Requires excellent communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand. Able to explain programs policies and procedures in language that is understood by others.
5) Must be able to modify communication style both formal and informal to match the appropriate level of the audience targeted.
6) Requires strong understanding of the impact of a message on the organization or customer. Able to write with the clarity and precision necessary for the work being performed.
7) Extensive knowledge of general employment laws, recruitment, EEO/AAP, safety training and policy development.
8) Ability to travel and work at the Wilson, NC location on a regular basis per week/month, or as needed.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer