Seeking Inserter Operator - 2nd Shift (Ability to train on 1st or 2nd shift) If you have production machine experience we will train.
- Operate high speed machines that insert printed matter, such as letters or booklets into folders or envelops.
- Set up and adjust the machine to operate efficiently.
- Oversee and make adjustments as necessary.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Requires knowledge of standard set ups, adjustments and operating characteristics of the equipment and skill to perform standard adjustments and operate the equipment.
- Ability to set up, operate, and perform basic adjustments to the equipment according to the individual job requirements, operating characteristics, and capabilities of the equipment.
- Typically, the adjustments performed at this level are routine and the need for such adjustments are readily apparent.
- Skill to perform minor clerical tasks incidental to the operation of the equipment (e.g., maintain machine operating and maintenance records, write new identification labels for computer tapes, etc.)
- Skill to perform routine maintenance such as cleaning and lubricating the equipment
- Ability to identify if improper machine operation and make basic adjustments
- In depth knowledge of the mechanics and capabilities of insert machine
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to understand written instructions, set-up the press, and carry out instructions
- Verify job ticket specifications, including any special work instructions before beginning the job
- Keep work area staged with product
- Perform quality control during each mailing to ensure product meets USPS requirements
- Check final inserts for proper folding, sealing, address placement, sequencing and delivery
- Communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to be flexible on hours during certain times of the year as well as work overtime, weekends and holiday
- Maintain a clean area
Must have a minimum of 2 years experience in one of the following or the ability to learn:
- Pitney Bowes Intelligent inserting machine (APS, FPS, MPS a plus)
- Bell & Howell a plus
Include: Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD, LTD, 401 (k), Vacation, 7 Paid Holidays, 3 Personal Days, Shift Differential