- Assists Press Operator with press make ready and perform manual and machine operator tasks in the set-up, maintenance, and operation of the offset sheetfed (40” Komori) or web (Heatset or Coldset Harris) printing press.
- Must be able to install plates and blankets on press cylinders, adjust press machine parts, such as a feeder, delivery mechanisms, suction grippers, guides, feed wheels, jogging devices, tapes, and cams, using hand tools.
- Assist in removing and replacing worn rollers and adjusting pressure between rollers of press, using hand tools.
- Wash blankets and clean ink distributing rollers and ink fountains, using ink solvent and cleaning mechanism on press.
- You will also stock consumable supplies for the press such as rags, solvents, blankets etc.
- Maintain an organized work area by coordinating efforts with department personnel and management, completing all required housekeeping tasks, and report any unsafe working conditions.
- Prepares the press for a run by verifying job specs and setting up the press accordingly.
- Inspects the fountain solution, inking systems, rolls of paper and the mechanisms related to the reels.
- Maintains proper inventory of paper. Records usage and spoilage on SPC report.
- Ensures that the roll or sheets of paper are properly unwrapped, mounted/thrown and ready to be spliced or fed into the press.
- Monitors the flow of paper throughout the run. Prepares and installs new roll or loads in in feeder when necessary.
- Works in conjunction with the press operators and other assigned Press Assistants in the preventative maintenance of the presses. Assists maintenance personnel in troubleshooting and making repairs to press.
- May assist with make-readies.
- May adjust ink, solvent, and varnish to ensure that proper color is established or maintained as required by location.
- Adheres to and promotes all safety policies and procedures including, but not limited to the proper handling of hazardous waste, lock out - tag out rules and hearing and eye protection policies. Understand and comply with all EHS policies and programs.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
-Minimum 1 year experience
-Repeated Bending and lifting 10 to 25 lbs.