- Follow detailed procedures to perform routine packing work.
- Pick and package a variety of printed materials or print related items that require a limited variety of packing procedures and techniques.
- May operate a pick truck or hoist to pull inventory from the warehouse.
- Place, arrange, mark, seal, and tag items on pallets and in containers, bins, and bulk storage.
- Consolidate various items for shipment in accordance with standard operating instructions.
- Assemble finished products into boxes or containers for shipping.
- Count and sort various product items.
- Perform related tasks such as placing labels on packages, putting manuals into binders, and handling boxes for final product.
- Ensure accurate shipping information is attached and packages are shipped according to specified schedule.
- May be the lead on a shift providing oversight and quality control.
- May prepare shipments of customer samples.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Skill in reading specifications and identifying the correct parts for fulfilling customer orders.
- Excellent knowledge of routine and non-routine packing procedures, techniques, equipment, and basic warehouse procedures.
- Skill in using a limited variety of packing procedures and techniques.
- Knowledge of shipping documents and ability to identify shipping requirements and procedures for specific items using manual or automated processes.
- May require skill in using heat sealers, cutters, hand and power tools.
- Skill in completing manual and computerized forms and shipping documents regarding stock description, units of issue, weight, quantity, and labeling requirements for incoming and outgoing materials and equipment.
- Requires basic arithmetic and standard formulas to determine size and volume of packing containers and materials.
- Skill in assembling standard shipping boxes and packing contents securely.
- Detail oriented and confidential
- Ability to read, understand and carry out verbal and written instructions
- Must be a team player
- Ability to stand 8 hours a day
- May be required to work overtime.
- Must be able to lift up to 45 pounds occasionally