Shipping & Receiving Clerk 1-DPOD/Returns
Materials and By-Products
Performs manual and clerical duties related to the execution of print on demand orders, processing Returns, kitting and distribution of orders. Ensures product is produced and prepared according to customer specifications and service level agreements.
- Perform routine, but varied duties in support of fulfillment and manufacturing areas in accordance with standard procedures.
- Read, understand and comply with relevant federal, state, local and company safety regulations and policies (e.g., OSHA, Personal Protective Equipment, Safety Shoes, etc.)
- Reinforce safety training and safe work practices; participate in safety meetings.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Follow Company recommended techniques for lifting, stacking, manipulating and handling materials and operating Powered Industrial Vehicles.
- Effectively communicate with coworkers to build and maintain collaborative relationships.
- Acknowledging production (Finished Goods) in an accurate and time-effective manner.
- Preparing Final product for distribution in a manner which ensures quality and location accuracy.
- Ensuring acknowledged product is prepared according to manufacturing specifications.
- Receive customer returns from UPS and truck line carriers.
- Lift returned product weighing 5 to 65 pounds.
- Inspect, sort, count returned product and determine if the product is acceptable to be returned to stock.
- Complete paperwork documenting returned product in order to issue credit.
- Relocate product.
- Use business systems to create putaway labels for restocking.
- Responsible for meeting ISO 9001 requirements
- Log returned picking errors and notify the appropriate personnel of damaged and undeliverable returns.
- Cycle Counting / Inventory control and accuracy.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
This position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.
Job Knowledge & Skills
Ability to follow company policy and understand any rules or regulations governing the work being completed and the impact work has on a department or the company.
Have a strong knowledge of required information systems, including materials tracking systems, storage and retrieval systems, inventory control systems and applicable reporting systems which may include spreadsheets, databases and other materials receipt and usage systems.
Must have very good knowledge of technology to include computers and software programs.
Must have very good oral and written communication skills sufficient to explain methods and/or procedures when completing assignments.
Requires very good organizational skills sufficient to accomplish work by established deadlines and ability to coordinate phases of work with others.
Job requires the ability to lift 20-50 pounds, occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds frequently and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds constantly.
2 years shipping experience or similar function in a manufacturing environment required.
Experience working in a printing facility, preferred.