Press Assistant 2
WE ARE OFFERING SIGN ON BONUSES!
RRD Packaging Solutions (Formerly PBM Graphics) is a leading packaging and trading card company in North America, producing educational and healthcare products, as well as collectible trading cards associated with the entertainment and sports industries.
To keep up with the explosive growth opportunity in the trading card industry, we are in immediate need of Press Assistants. If you are reliable, hardworking and possess basic machine skills attained from other industries, we would like to speak with you. This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to work for a company where you can grow your career.
- Prepares the press for a run by verifying job specs and setting up the press accordingly
- Maintains proper inventory of paper. Records usage and spoilage on SPC reports
- Accurately records required data
- Ensures that the roll of paper is properly unwrapped, mounted and ready to be spliced
- Monitors the flow of paper throughout the run. Prepares and installs new roll when necessary
- Works in conjunction with the press operators and other assigned Press Assistants in the preventative maintenance of the presses. Assists maintenance personnel in troubleshooting and making repairs to press
- May assist with make-readies
- May adjust ink, solvent, and varnish to ensure that proper color is established or maintained as required by location
- Adheres to and promotes all safety policies and procedures including, but not limited to the proper handling of hazardous waste, lock out - tag out rules and hearing and eye protection policies
- Participates in special projects as assigned
- It is the responsibility of all Solution Delivery employees to follow the requirements of their documented process as defined in the ISO Quality Manual
- Other duties as assigned
The schedule for this opening is 3rd shift, Sun - Thurs, 10:30 pm - 7:00 am.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Previous experience in a printing environment preferred
- Some experience in the operation of various hand tools preferred
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to work nights