Press Packer - Days
RRD - Elk Grove Village Direct Mail facility is a full-service web printer of high impact, full-color direct marketing communications. We are looking for temporary full-time workers to join our team until the end of the year. We are within walking distance of Pace Bus Stop 757.
- Stack or box printed sheets, folded signatures, labels, or other in-process products from discharge unit of a printing press.
- Remove folded signatures from web press and place signatures on pallet or skid for removal to warehouse or binding areas.
- Pack printed materials into a carton and/or mail trays then onto pallets.
- Conveys materials from storage or work sites to designated area, using hand truck, electric dolly, or other devices.
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases, bales, or other containers.
- Stacks or assembles materials into cartons or mail trays.
- Assists press crew with cleaning ink fountains, gluers, coatings, and general press equipment.
THIS POSITION IS AVAILABLE 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM 3 DAYS ON/4 DAYS OFF(Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, Friday, Saturday, alternating on an 8-week rotation).
Opportunities for overtime
- Basic knowledge of general warehouse environment.
- Able to stock, move, jog, arrange, unload, count and rotate items on/off equipment.
- Basic skill in the use of manual dollies, carts or hand trucks and hand tools used in material handling tasks such as hammers, pliers and related equipment.
- Previous printing experience preferred, but not required.
- Job requires ability to lift 20 to 50 pound cartons or mail trays, repetitively.
- Able to read, copy and record figures and involves simple addition and subtraction.