Industrial Maintenance Mechanic - 2nd Shift
OPENING ON SECOND SHIFT (2:00 PM - 10:00 PM)
$0.70/hour shift differential pay
RRD Angola is a Federal Essential Employer and continues to be open for business without interruption.
Who we are….
For more than 150 years RR Donnelley has kept up on the latest trends in printing. We provide companies with communications solutions that span the life cycle of a program, while our individual capabilities can support a specific project or phase. Our Angola team converts and prints pressure sensitive labels, intelligently imaged projects, integrated labels and many custom solutions supporting customers in every industry.
When and where have you seen RR Donnelley?
We are there with you, every day. From the roll that prints your receipt in the super market, to the tracking label that ensures that critical package is properly delivered to your doorstep. Maybe it is a packing slip, window label, retail marketing label, price sticker in the store or that product ID label on the plumber’s putty you used on your last DIY project. Our employees are working hard to manufacture quality products that touch consumers across the globe and enable our customers to effectively communicate with their audience every single day.
Maintain organization's production equipment. Perform electrical and/or mechanical troubleshooting and repairs in response to equipment errors or failures. Repairs and maintains, in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer's specifications, machinery and mechanical equipment, such as die cutters, web and sheet-fed presses, inserting machines, folders, conveyor systems, bindery equipment etc. using hand tools, power tools, and precision measuring and testing instruments. May repair or reproduce parts using welders or machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, drill presses, surface grinders or other machine shop equipment.
Skill in installing, troubleshooting, repairing, overhauling, aligning, testing, and maintaining complex equipment and machinery. Advanced knowledge of equipment and machine control bodes in sufficient depth to trace symptoms of equipment malfunction and distinguish mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic failures from those which are electrical or electronic. Ability to make precise adjustments for alignment, parallelism, and concentricity due to the continuing effects of malfunctions throughout the entire machine or equipment. Ability to perform precise measurements of air and fluid pressure and flow, and knowledge of the mechanisms used to convert such readings into measurable units. Ability to interpret complex multiview drawings, sketches, wiring diagrams, manufacturers' specifications, and other technical material to isolate malfunctions in such devices as hydraulic pumps and motors, mechanical clamping devices, and electric or hydraulic axis drive and positioning systems. Advanced knowledge of construction and assembly techniques and the ability to manufacture replacement parts with complex configurations or assemble unique devices with unusual angular relationships. Knowledge of geometry, shop mathematics, and handbook formulas to provide for surfaces with interrelated dimensions and to calculate angles, clearances, fits, pressure, flow, and other parameters of interest.
- Must be able to lift, pull and push 60 pounds frequently.
- Must be able to bend and turn frequently.
- Two-handed operation required; must have good eye/hand coordination.
- Ability to distinguish color variation.
- Required to stand and move about the facility frequently.
- Required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl frequently.
Attendance: Punctual, regular attendance is an essential job function of employment with RR Donnelley. Overtime, including weekend work, is considered a condition of employment. Flexibility to work any shift is required; however, this is currently a 2nd Shift position (2PM - 10PM)
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions, procedures, manuals, schematics and blueprints including, but not limited to, ladder logic, electronic prints, general plant wiring, manufacturers' schematic and pneumatic diagrams.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal instructions.
- Ability to apply mathematics skill at first year university level such as differential calculus and introductory statistics.
- Mechanical aptitude required to set-up, operate and troubleshoot machinery.
- Ability to operate a cutting torch or welding equipment preferred.
- Must be able to communicate with vendors, suppliers and/or internal support personnel by providing necessary, accurate and detailed information.
- Must be able to work independently and/or as part of a team.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends, and overtime as needed. Position is currently assigned to second shift.
- Depending on responsibility scope, an Associate’s degree or trade school certificate in a related discipline and 4-10 years prior maintenance mechanic experience required. (Education may be substituted for 5-7 years of mechanical experience.)
- Must have an understanding of mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, print/bind/preliminary equipment, and machine shop tools.
- Computer experience and knowledge required.