3rd Press Operator-Nights
Provide support for the 1st and 2nd Press Operators and provide leadership for Rolltenders, Packers, and General Laborers. Work on other operation duties as directed by the 1st and 2nd Press Operators.
- Responsible for registering job during make-ready and maintaining register during run.
- Share responsibilities with 2nd press operator as directed by 1st operator to include:
- Monitor overall job quality, including print registration and product compensation. Identify and correct quality defects.
- Accurately perform and record quality assurance tests (quality control checks).
- Monitor packing quality and accuracy, maintaining accurate counts and load ticket paper work.
- Organize and monitor imaging process, signoffs, restarts, form changes, samples, additional paperwork, and QC procedures.
- Insure that safe practices are followed by crew members assisting with make-readies and maintenance, web ups, etc.
- Assume 2nd press operator responsibilities during make-ready as directed by 1st press operator.
- Insure that safe practices are followed by crew members during all operations and procedures.
- Assist all other crew positions as directed by the 1st press operator.
- Must be able to work 7:00 pm to 7:00 am shift, 3 days on/4 days off, (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, Friday, Saturday, alternating on an 8 week rotation). Opportunities for overtime.
- 7 years web press-printing experience.
- Knowledge of basic in-line compensation and register.
- Must have worked in all positions leading up to this position.
- Must show willingness to take on additional responsibilities, and take advantage of on the job training opportunities.
- Communication skills.
- Troubleshooting/Problem Solving Skills
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Continuous standing/walking - 8 hrs or more.
- Occasional bending, kneeling, climbing, reaching.
- Occasional lifting and pushing/pulling - 50 lbs. to 70 lbs.
- Occasional repetitive motion with both hands.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer