Inserter Operator - 2nd shift
Buffalo Grove, IL•
- Operate machines that insert/fold printed matter, such as letters or booklets into folders or envelopes.
- Set up and adjust the machine to operate efficiently.
- Oversee output as well as being accountable for helpers while the machine is running.
- Inspects the finished product by verifying the correct construction and components to ensure that mail ability and quality standards are met.
- Assists in hand inserting projects as needed.
- Cleans work areas to maintain a safe and organized environment.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Basic Math skills.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand 8-12 hours per day.
- Must be able to see, read and understand job tickets.
- Ideally, general maintenance of the equipment would be helpful.
- Prefer mechanical problem – solving skills.
- Good communication skills both oral and written.
- Requires excellent knowledge of standard set ups, adjustments and operating characteristics of the equipment and skill to perform standard adjustments and operate the equipment.
- Ability to set up, operate, and perform basic adjustments to the equipment according to the individual job requirements, operating characteristics, and capabilities of the equipment.
- Typically, the adjustments performed at this level are more complex due to the variable setup of add on equipment.
- High School diploma or GED is preferred.
- Must be able to work outside normal working hours to accommodate production needs when required.
- Experience with inserter machines ( Buhrs BB700 or Pitney Bowes MSE or Pitney Bowes Rival )