Press Operator- Lead*
Operate web printing press to print quality production, maintain quality of product, lead and direct press crew, maintain press, and work on other operation duties as directed by the supervisors.
- Act as a leader in providing and promoting a safe and injury free work environment.
- Responsible for all aspects of the operation of the press and press crew.
- Responsible for over all quality of the printed product including color reproduction, product specifications, imaging quality and postal specifications.
- Determines when product is suitable for saving.
- Responsible for producing a sample-quality product.
- Monitors other crew member’s progress while performing their responsibilities.
- Provides accurate documentation of time, materials, impressions, waste, and run speeds.
- Communicates information effectively with other crews and departments, scheduling, prepress, maintenance.
- Coordinates make-ready process by reviewing job information, establishing make-ready plan, and assigning responsibilities to crew members.
- Responsible for maintaining a Preventive Maintenance Program for the press, and using the “Request For Action” system to notify the maintenance department of issues with the equipment.
- Must be able to work 7:00 PM to 7:00 AM shift, 3 days on/4 days off, (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, Friday, Saturday, alternating on an 8 week rotation). Opportunities for overtime.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- 10 years web press-printing experience.
- Knowledge of in-line finishing, die cutting, inserters, imagers, color and register.
- Must have worked in all positions leading up to this position.
- Communication skills.
- Troubleshooting/Problem Solving Skills
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Management skills, coordinating the activities of other crew members.
- Continuous standing/walking - 8 hrs or more.
- Occasional bending, kneeling, climbing, reaching.
- Occasional lifting and pushing/pulling - 50 lbs. or less.
- Occasional repetitive motion with both hands.
- Cannot be colorblind.