Press Helper/Press Assistant
The Press Assistant 2 is responsible for reviewing job ticket and stage required plates, ink and stock, based on furnished job specifications, mixing and color matching of ink may also be required according to Quality System Procedures and Work Instructions.
• Prepares the press for a run by verifying job specs and setting up the press accordingly.
• Inspects the fountain solution, inking systems,
• Maintains proper inventory of paper. Records usage and spoilage.
• Monitors the flow of paper throughout the run.
• Replenish stock, ink and other consumables associated with the production of a job.
• Works in conjunction with the press operators in the preventative maintenance of the presses.
• May assist with make-readies.
• May adjust ink, solvent, and varnish to ensure that proper color is established or maintained as required by location.
• Assists pressman with wash up procedures.
• Delivers completed job to next operation.
• May perform press operator duties as needed throughout the shift or in the absence of the press operator.
• Adheres to and promotes all safety policies and procedures including, but not limited to the proper handling of hazardous waste, lock out - tag out rules and hearing and eye protection policies.
• Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
• It is the responsibility of all employees to follow the requirements of their documented process as defined in the ISO Quality Procedure.
12 hour night shift 5pm-5am rotation
Previous experience in a printing environment preferred. Machine Operating or manufacturing background candidates are encourage to apply. Some experience in the operation of various hand tools preferred. Must be able to work in a team environment.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer