KIRK RD – The ideal candidate will be able to successfully color correct files, create Preps template layouts and ensure that output files meet internal and external customer requirements for Offset, small and large format digital. Effectively communicate with customers, coworkers and management. Determine page layouts, accounting for folds, trims, die cuts, gripper, and color bars as necessary. Preflight files and identify missing or problematic file issues and communicate those issues to the CSR, customer and production personnel. Create print ready files for manufacturing proofs used by the Press and Bindery operators during the manufacturing process. Job function may include operating CTP plate making equipment to prepare plates for press. Perform quality checks on finished plates before releasing to manufacturing. Perform troubleshooting on issues. Must be able to work with various graphic design and layout software applications commonly used on Mac's and PC's. Advanced color management skills and the ability to work with different digital file formats are required. Must have the ability to output digital files to various output devices; must have the ability to continue to learn and use new graphics software on an ongoing basis. Must have a strong understanding of the offset and digital printing process.
THIS SHIFT IS AVAILABLE ON 3RD SHIFT
RR Donnelley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The company's policy is to select, place and deal with all its employees without discrimination based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, perceived disability, sexual orientation, protected Veteran status, genetic information or on the basis of any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
- Pre-flight files in the major pre-press applications.
- Import, trap, bleed, and color separate production files for proofing & printing.
- Create die files, proofs, and plates.
- Operate and maintain Mac, Mac file server, proofers, printers, RIP.
- Perform color correction to process color files for offset and Digital presses.
- Work closely with customer service reps, press operators, and occasionally with sales and/or customers.
- Follow ISO, Safety, Standard Operating procedures and general housekeeping requirements.
- Record time and materials accurately.
- Work in a neat, orderly manner, maintain supply levels, and request repair of equipment as necessary.
- Maintain equipment (general minor maintenance
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to resolve and solve problems with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to communicate in basic English; read, write and understand
- Read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
- Two to Three years of Kodak Prinergy experience.
- Basic PC Skills
- 5-7 years Mac experience required in a manufacturing environment.
- Process color experience is required. Color correction and proofing experience a plus.
- Process color and reproduction experience is a must.
- Color management experience a plus.
- Variable data creation and editing skills.