Sheet Fed Press Feeder
Read job ticket, check stock for correct weight, size, color, etc. Get all materials for the job such as plates, ink, paper, etc ready to go. Set up and adjust the press feeder as needed for the correct sheet size, put ink in fountain and throw paper. Keep the press running, throw the next paper load and keep ink fountains full. Also fill chemicals, dump rags, wash up press and clear area. Other duties include recycle/discard plates and paper waste. Provide basic assistance as needed to make-ready the equipment for operation. Assist with retrieving plates, hanging plates and other tasks associated with make-ready of the press.
- Requires general knowledge of offset presswork procedures and materials for sheet fed presses.
- Ability to read and follow job specifications under the direction of the Press Operator to determine press set-up materials needed to run the job successfully.
- Skill to follow instructions to operate equipment safely and produce the desired product.
- Able to operate hand carts, pallet jacks and hydraulic feed mechanisms.
- Must have some mechanical ability.
Previous experience in a printing environment preferred. Some experience in the operation of various hand tools preferred. Must be able to work in a team environment.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer