Order Fulfillment Coordinator - 2nd Shift
RRD - Elk Grove Village Direct Mail facility is a full-service web printer of high impact, full-color direct marketing communications. We are looking for an immediate full time opening for an Order Fulfillment Coordinator to handle shipping and receiving and fulfilling customer orders. We are within walking distance of Pace Bus Stop 757.
In this role you are responsible for:
- Overseeing the warehouse operations shift with the objective of maximizing the productivity of quality products while minimizing costs.
- Ensure that all processes are being followed in the completion of work tasks.
- Provide instruction and guidance to employees and audit work processes and products to confirm production specifications are met.
- Maintain and updates daily production records and produces reports as necessary. Ensure that safety procedures are followed by all employees.
- Perform a wide variety of warehousing tasks to ensure a timely flow of production and assembly activities.
- Coordinate planned receipts of materials through appropriate channels to ensure delivery.
- Verify and maintain documentation such as job shortages, planned receipts and logs.
- Provide information to various departments regarding materials status. Locate and coordinate and expedite the flow of raw materials, in-process materials and components within the plant.
- Performs manual and clerical duties related to the shipment and receipt of materials, supplies, equipment and finished products shipped via internal freight fleet or third party LTL carrier.
- Maintain necessary files and documentation.
- May perform activities related to load planning of outbound trucks to meet customer delivery requirements and cost parameters.
- Utilize small hand tools and operates material handling equipment including forklifts, skids, pallet handlers, hand trucks, etc. to stage materials and load trucks.
- Typical shipping activities include checking goods against shipping documents and authorizations.
- Pack goods for shipment according to specifications, equipment characteristics, transportation methods, and routes.
- Verify identification and quality of product, prepare bills of lading, post weight and shipping charges, stamp, stencil or attach information and shipping instructions on containers, load shipment onto trucks, and maintain inventory of cartons, tapes, crates, clamps, foam, and other packing material.
- Typical receiving activities include taking receipt of raw materials, components, or equipment and unload from trucks primarily using a forklift truck and pallet jacks.
- Check incoming materials against bills of lading, packing slips, etc., verifying nomenclature, identification, and quantity of the materials.
- Maintaining records of goods received and damaged goods
THIS POSITION IS AVAILABLE ON 2ND SHIFT.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Detailed oriented with the ability to read, comprehend, and follow instructions.
- Skill in reading specifications and identifying the correct parts for fulfilling customer orders.
- Excellent knowledge of routine and non-routine packing procedures, techniques, equipment, and basic warehouse procedures.
- Skill in using a limited variety of packing procedures and techniques.
- Knowledge of shipping documents and the ability to identify shipping requirements and procedures for specific items using manual or automated processes.
- May require skill in using heat sealers, cutters, hand, and power tools.
- Ability to complete manual and computerized forms and shipping documents regarding stock description, units of issue, weight, quantity, and labeling requirements outgoing materials and equipment.
- Requires basic arithmetic and standard formulas to determine size and volume of packing containers and materials.
- Ability to assemble standard shipping boxes and packing contents securely.
- Order fulfillment: 1 year (preferred)
- Forklift experience and/or certification
- Previous experience with UPS/ Fed Ex Software is preferred