Remove folded signatures from web press and place signatures on pallet or skid for removal to warehouse or binding areas. May adjust stacking mechanism on press according to paper dimensions. Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, carts and trays. Conveys materials from storage or work sites to designated area, using hand truck, electric dolly, or other device. Counts, weighs, and records number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet. Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases, bales, or other containers. Removes cores from matrix and roll stock. Stacks or assembles materials into bundles and bands bundles together, using banding machine and clincher. Uses automated equipment and/or operate industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products. Performs general cleaning of the manufacturing floor, keeps manufacturing area clear of obstructions, etc. Recycle/process waste into various containers to maximize waste stream. May assist Press Crew with make-ready of the equipment such as retrieving plates, hanging plates, recycling/storing plates etc. May perform in process quality checks of printed materials looking for blemishes, scratches or other print defects. Assists in inventory control of raw materials finished goods and dies.
- Responsible for packing job according to specifications. Establishes counts, quantities, product orientation, etc.
- Insures floor help assigned to the press are packing according to spec.
- Responsible for accurate load tickets, counts, and labeling.
- Identifies quality issues and alerts press operators.
- Responsible for all imaging related procedures such as sign offs, re-starts, samples, QC’s, etc.
- Responsible for transferring and obtaining clear; accurate information at shift changes.
- Make-ready responsibilities include taking direction from press operators and roll tender and completing assignments in a timely matter.
- Assisting Roll tender with:
- plate and blanket installations
- gluer set up and tear down
- press wash-up/ink changes
- press lubrication
- web ups
- Maintain general appearance of surrounding press, which includes picking up paper and waste, wiping spills, and cleaning machine according to 5S standards.
- Performs limited compensation procedures, cut off, side guide.
- Set up and operate sheeter.
- Set-up and adjust stackers to fit the format.
- Keep downtime to a minimum by quickly recovering from web breaks or other break down issues.
Ensure that safe practices are followed by crew members assisting with make-readies and maintenance.
THIS POSITION IS AVAILABLE 7:00 PM to 7:00 AM or 7:00 AM to 7: 00 PM 3 DAYS ON/4 DAYS OFF (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday, Friday, Saturday, alternating on an 8-week rotation).
Opportunities for overtime
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Good knowledge of general warehouse layout, item identification codes, basic warehouse procedures, and the storage areas in order to be able to place or pull paper stock, signatures and materials in accordance with standard procedures.
- Able to stock, move, arrange, and rotate items in accordance with operating instruction.
- Able to complete appropriate forms relating to stock description, quantity, unit of issue, and the labeling requirements for incoming and outgoing materials.
- Good skill in the use of shrink-wrap and strapping equipment, powered lift equipment, pallet jacks, manual dollies, carts or stretch wrapping tools and equipment, tape fasteners, metal band sheers and related equipment.
- Good math skills, ability to complete inventory documents.
- Ability to communicate in English; read, write, and speak.
- Requires skill in operating/ using forklift truck; certification required.
- Continuous standing/walking - 8 hrs or more.
- Frequent bending, kneeling, climbing, reaching.
- Frequent lifting and pushing/pulling - 50 lbs. or more.
- Frequent repetitive motion with both hands.
- Noise, dust, and temperature conditions.
- Exposure to chemicals used during the printing process.
- Working around moving machinery; multiple nip points.