Assembly Lead - 3rd Shift
Works in a primary department within the warehouse, but will assist in other areas as needed. Performs standardized duties and tasks, with some deviation when needed or requested. Understands and follows company safety, production, quality, and attendance requirements. Resolves routine questions and refers more complex issues to higher levels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Work assignments are often routine but on occasion may be non-routine and require some deviation from accepted practice and procedures to complete. Assignments are given in terms of subject area concerned, with specific objectives and possible problems identified. Follow guidelines which may include company and/or departmental policies and procedures, and rules and regulations that are well established but may require some deviation from normal operating procedures when completing more unique assignment.
- Leads team of Assembly workers and temporary employees per work instructions and procedures.
- Train employees how to perform assign tasks.
- Monitor break times to ensure that employees report back to work areas as scheduled.
- Monitors job quality by performing frequent quality inspections. Reports issues/problems in a timely manner to supervisor for resolution.
- Completes all paperwork required for the position and maintains it according to procedures.
- Lead operation of equipment, such as shrink wrap, hole punch, etc.
- Operate pallet jack to move pallets as needed.
- Maintains certification on mobile equipment and operates equipment when necessary to perform specific job assignments, as required.
- Labels, packs, stacks, folds, tapes and inserts material/product per work instructions and procedures.
- Maintain and meet production and schedule levels.
- Adhere to quality control procedures.
- Is able to complete expected tasks with required operating systems.
- Communicates effectively, efficiently and appropriately with all employees and contract workers.
- Assist in training employees and contract workers on performing assigned tasks.
- Follows all safety procedures, and reports suggested improvements or concerns to the supervisor.
- Participates in insuring the warehouse is clean and organized and informs supervisor of suggestions or concerns.
- Participates in periodic staff meetings and other meetings as necessary.
- Participates in training and development programs as required of the position.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to effectively lead others.
- 1-2 years in a warehouse pick/pack fulfillment and distribution environment preferred.
- Must be detail oriented, efficient, self motivated, and have good cognitive skills.
- Must have the ability to work independently at a fast pace within a team environment.
- Must be production, quality and process oriented.
- Must be able to perform basic math.
- Must possess basic reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Requires good communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand.
- Must be able to read, understand, and carry out written instructions accurately.
- Must be able to understand and follow oral instructions accurately.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to use hands to handle, or feel product, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude when working with others.
- Must be able to communicate and interact with a variety of internal/external customers and/or co-workers at level of detail required to resolve issues.
- Must have an organized approach to task completion and excellent attention to detail.
- The employee is frequently required to walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Demonstrate and promote teamwork on a consistent basis within the department and when assisting in other areas.
- Must have ability to lift and handle cartons up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis and up to 40 pounds on a continuous basis.
- Must be able to work weekends and overtime when required.
- Have the ability to learn and use basic computer skills.
- Must follow RR Donnelley safety guidelines.
- Must be able to hear warning bells or see warning lights.
- Must be free of any substance or medication, which impairs judgment or reaction time per medical department guidelines.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
This position description is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. In no way is this document intended to capture every possible assignment the incumbent could be asked to perform. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and RR Donnelley reserves its right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate. Employment at RR Donnelley is “at will” and may be terminated by the incumbent or the Company, with or without notice or cause.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer