The Inserter Production Expeditor provides support for production supervision by preparing orders using EPIC and Infoshare for all inserting equipment. They expedite work between various processes and within the department, as well as keeping the machines stocked with mail supplies to help improve productivity and ensure on-time delivery.
1. Adjusts manufacturing orders and processes under the direction of Supervision by using information obtained from manufacturing specifications and department schedules to improve workflow and ensure accuracy across the department.
2. Assists Supervision and inserter Operators with workflow to/from machines, reversing product when needed, creating copies of manufacturing specifications, and physically gathering necessary materials (actual statements, trays, tray tags, etc.) for the job to prepare for run time.
3. Organizes and prepares the workbook for delivery to the next process. They will verify and account for all non-mailables, pulls, as well as the completion of the job, copy, or batch.
4. Coordinates handling and expediting of non-mailable pieces (samples, specials, invalids, no-mails, foreigns, and damaged pieces) to the next process. They use information obtained from the project's manufacturing specifications to reduce cycle time and ensure on-time delivery.
5. Organizes and expedites the finished product from the off-line machines while ensuring proper preparation for the next process. They perform quality checks for the proper labeling of the product and separation of each copy and batch according to the Work Instructions
6. Organizes the work area to maintain a safe and clean environment.
1. Learns responsibilities of the Production Coordinator to provide back up when needed.
2. May include other duties as assigned.
We will provide training for all job duties.
RR Donnelley offers competitive starting wages and an aggressive pay progression plan.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
1. Six months related work experience within the print and mail industry.
2. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
3. Exceptional interpersonal skills.
4. Superior prioritizing and organizational abilities.
5. Basic math skills.
6. Intermediate computer skills, including a familiarity with Microsoft Office and a good working knowledge of the Windows XP / 2007 operating system.