The Application Engineer will act as the direct point of contact to field sales, review customer request and provide the focal point for proposals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Utilize technical expertise to call on and build relationships with electrical engineers, consulting engineering firms, general contractors and other groups within the industry.
- Work with sales team to promote sales within territory.
- Will expand the business through new and existing clientele.
- Must be able to prepare and conduct presentations to groups of all sizes.
- Overcome technical and business objections of prospective customers.
- Update consultants with latest power systems products.
- Support and partner with local engineering organizations.
- Write electrical specifications and design or re-design power systems including gensets, switchgear, etc.
- Provide technical expertise to team and clients.
- Consult with clients, vendors or other individuals to discuss and formulate proposals and estimates and resolve issues.
- Travel to customer sites and projects as needed.
- Adhere to all company policies.
- Observe all safety procedures and policies and use proper protective equipment (especially eye, ear protection and steel toe shoes/boots, gloves, etc.).
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Report all injuries, near misses and accidents immediately to a supervisor.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree in Electrical Engineering preferred; two years’ technical degree; or three to five years’ work experience in Power Generation; or a combination of education and work experience.
- Must be willing and able to be part of the sales process.
- Self-starter, proactive and timely follow-through.
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to read, analyze and interpret blueprint, schematics and industry documents, procedures, etc.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills.
- Must have valid drivers’ license and clean driving record.
- Must be able to travel throughout LA, AL, MS and other territories as needed.
TAW is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer including disabled and Veterans.