Professor, Criminal Justice
Florida SouthWestern State College is accepting resumes in search of a Professor, Criminal Justice in the School of Business and Technology to join our team of exceptional faculty. As an FSW faculty member, you have the opportunity to directly impact the college mission to inspire our students to 'Dedicate to Graduate'.
The School of Business and Technology houses some of the most diverse Workforce Education and academic program offerings at the college, including Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) degree programs. Associate in Science (AS) degree programs, and College Credit Certificate (CCC) programs. Disciplines include Accounting, Business, Risk Management, Computer Science, Architecture and Construction, Civil Engineering, Criminal Justice, Crime Scene, Paralegal, and Public Safety Administration.
FSW serves as an economic, cultural and civic beacon in our community, with athletic and fine and performing arts programs that underscore our commitment to contribute to the rich and diverse cultural life of southwest Florida.
Please click here to see the complete job description.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Doctoral or master's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education in Criminal Justice, Public Administration or Public Safety Administration (Degree must include at least 18 graduate credits in one of those fields, and ideally, in two of the above disciplines).
- Demonstrated ability to use technology in creating and delivering course content
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of the subject area to be taught
- Work experience as a certified law enforcement officer
- Demonstrated experience serving in a public administration role
FSW Employee Benefits feature:
- Competitive health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance options to meet your needs
- Generous paid time off includes sick, personal, holidays, and winter & spring breaks
- Florida Retirement System (FRS)
- Educational and professional development opportunities for you and your dependents
Application deadline: October 11, 2020
Our location offers you an opportunity to enjoy the perks of working and living in paradise on a regular basis. The area offers something for everyone to enjoy a rewarding and balanced lifestyle.
If this position sounds like an opportunity to which you aspire, please submit your resume for consideration to become one of the best, the brightest, the BUCS!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.