VMware Architect - Sierra Vista
Sierra Vista, AZ
SPEAR, A CALIBRE Company is seeking a VMware Architect to join our team in Sierra Vista, AZ! The VMware Architect will be responsible for the following:
- Provide knowledge transfer, recommendation and documentation supporting customer current and future outcome requirements.
- Provide support of L2/L3 understanding in a Leaf-Spine configuration of network infrastructure to VMware best practice using NSX.
- Provide environment documentation, write technical architectures, present briefings and periodic reports to customers on progress of architecture.
- SECRET Security Clearance.
- 5 years of experience working with VMware products.
- VMware certification.
- Hands-on and design experience.
- Can install, configure, design without support.
- Have completed whitepaper and/or delivered design reviews/architecture documents to customer.
- Confident to speak deep level design to customer and peers.
- Strong understanding virtual to physical resource mapping (cpu, memory, vNUMA, scheduling, ESXTop).
- Understand virtual to physical networking and difference in (vSS, dVS, iSCSi adapters), virtual to physical storage (LUN’s, Storage load balancing, provisioning types(thin/thick), Virtual capacity panning best practice (Overhead, VM provision, HA types), troubleshooting skill (Log Editing, Log files locations, CLi commands), VMware cluster settings and their purpose (HA, DRS, Infinity Rules, host profile).
- Must have knowledge and understanding of vSphere 5.5/6.x configuration requirements and VMware best practices, vSphere network VSS & vDS, storage, cluster resources, and vCenter, vCenter 5.5 SSO and 6.X PSC best practices and upgrade recommendations, VMware compacity planning, right sizing recommendation and best practices for vSphere 5.5 & 6.X, vSphere upgrades and feature changes from 5.5 to 6.x.
- Troubleshooting vSphere and vCenter 5.5/6.x, resource contention (vCPU, Memory, Storage).
- Knowledgeable of vSAN physical capacity limits and optimization recommendation.
- Understanding of VLAN routing between L3 devices and VMware support configuration using NSX for vSphere/vRA.