Market Executive - Commercial Real Estate
Eagle Bancorp, Inc. headquartered in Bethesda, MD, was incorporated in 1997 to serve as the bank holding company for EagleBank. Eagle Bancorp is a publicly traded company under the symbol EGBN. EagleBank commenced banking operations on July 20, 1998, and currently operates 20 banking offices: six in Suburban, Maryland, five located in the District of Columbia; and nine in Northern Virginia. The Bank was founded to specifically address the business and personal needs of local business owners. It has been answering and exceeding those needs for over 20 years, providing custom financial solutions, local access to senior management, quick response, local decision-making, and a deeply-rooted dedication to the local community.
Our Mission is to be the most respected and profitable community bank by putting relationships first to the delight of our customers, employees, and shareholders, and relentlessly deliver the most compelling service and value. Eagle Bank’s Values are: Relationships F·I·R·S·T: Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted.
The Market Executive’s primary responsibility is to grow and retain profitable commercial banking relationships for the assigned area. The Market Executive develops revenue growth through oversight of the generation of loans, deposits and fees; reviews loan requests and their underwriting; and ensures appropriate management of commercial relationships.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages and supervises the origination and maintenance of the Bank’s portfolio of commercial loans for assigned area, with the overall objective of maintaining and increasing its profitability and asset quality; to develop new and existing business relationships.
- Implements sales strategies and business tactics for the group that align with corporate strategies in support of meeting the Bank’s overall goals.
- Facilitates all commercial operations and sales activities for assigned areas. Provides leadership to Relationship Managers and their support teams. Sets goals and monitors individual and team performance. Monitors existing loan portfolio to maintain a high-quality asset base. Oversees exceptions and collection of past due loans
- Oversees pipeline. Develops centers of influence (COI’s). Identifies and persues leads in the community to promote additional bank business. Calls on prospects seeking opportunities to expand the Bank’s client base; calls on clients to expand existing business.
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 additional years of relevant commercial lending experience required.
- Ten years of commercial underwriting, portfolio management and business development.
- Proven ability to achieve success in a corporate sales environment
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Advanced knowledge of C&I, Real Estate, ABL, SBA, and Credit/Special Assets.
- Proficient with credit principals and loan structuring
- Strong ability to analyze business financial statements and assess the viability of business.
- Advanced knowledge of banking products and services.
- Solid understanding of accounting & finance.
- Sales, marketing, and presentation skills.
- Leadership development skills
- Market knowledge.
- Proficient use of MS Office.
- Leadership role or previous management experience preferred.
- Accredited Banking School Certification in Lending or related topic
EagleBank promotes an equal employment opportunity workplace which includes reasonable accommodation of otherwise qualified disabled applicants and employees. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.