Design Technology Specialist
HOK designs buildings and spaces that respond to the needs of people and the environment. Our designers are rooted in technical excellence, driven by imagination and focused on a solitary goal: to deliver solutions that inspire clients and communities.
We are currently seeking a Design Technology Specialist to join our team. As a Design Technology Specialist, you will be responsible for supporting project teams through application of expert Revit knowledge and other buildingSMART techniques. Specialized responsibilities per department assignment are listed in the description below.
- Provides expertise and/or advisement to project teams for implementation of design technology techniques.
- Acts as mentor by coaching and motivating project team members in the use of design technologies.
- Acts as a support resource for core design technologies.
- Provides feedback on project-based activities to the firmwide Design Technology team.
- Can be a resource and team member in all phases of the project.
- Maintains current knowledge of design software, industry developments in integrated practice, and other applicable techniques.
- Devotes time to research new and upcoming technologies.
- May contribute to the production of project deliverables.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices
- Utilizes specialist knowledge to conduct complex modeling, data management, analysis and/or optimization for architectural designs such as building massing or exterior enclosures.
- Provides specialized design analyses such as pedestrian/egress simulation, sustainable design analysis, or code compliance analysis.
- Advanced knowledge in building information modeling programs and applicable techniques.
- Expertise in Revit required.
- Proficiency in MS Office Outlook, Word and Excel required.
- Knowledge and experience in the discipline associated with the position.
- Knowledge about sustainability, integrated design, and LEED guidelines.
- Ability to effectively manage and mentor a team.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Travel may be required.
- Overtime may be required.
- The job duties and requirements that this document describes may be altered or supplemented at any time at the sole discretion of HOK.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering, information technology or a related discipline required.
- 5 years’ progressive experience in BIM/3D Modeling.
- LEED accreditation or Green Associate preferred.
HOK is a drug-free workplace. HOK is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.