Senior Systems Engineer
Cabrillo Technologies, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of McKean Defense. Cabrillo scientists, engineers, technical staff, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms and shipboard systems, and develop computing and networking strategies to support the Warfighter. Cabrillo employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations.
Cabrillo is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer with experience in CANES networking systems. Experienced candidates will have significant experience in HW and SW design of the CANES solution. Candidate must have extensive experience in Active Directory Domain Service (AD DS), Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), and ESX/ESXi hypervisors. Candidate must have significant experience in system troubleshooting in all these technologies. Candidate must be able to examine new technologies, test and recommend solutions for system enhancements. Candidate must possess expertise on Server, Storage, network, CLOUD, integration and operating systems in a mixed Microsoft and UNIX/LINUX hardware and software environment.
- May lead a small group of engineers/analysts on tasking to meet technical requirements
- Provide subject matter expertise to government and active duty personnel in specific technologies
- Support includes troubleshooting, lab integration and remote support
- Must work on multiple variants as required as well as with other functional teams including networking and IA
- Work independently as well as, as part of a team of contractors, and various government and active duty personnel
- Must be trained and proficient and possibly certified in PowerShell
- Must be trained and proficient and possibly certified in Network Technologies.
- BS/BA in technical discipline with 4 years’ experience, or 6 years’ experience in lieu of degree
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a team
- Active Secret Clearance
- Comfortable conducting trade studies, analysis and testing of solutions
- Skilled in troubleshooting and resolution of configuration issues
- IAT II certified in have current Security+ certification
AND Certificates or Certified Training in:
Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 (70-410) and Administering Windows Server 2012 (70-411) OR Cisco CCNA or both
- Microsoft Configuring Windows 10 (70-697)
- Developing server, storage and networking designs for large scale programs
- Demonstrated experience in server and storage technologies
- Demonstrated experience in server software operating systems and tools such as virtualization, backup, and recovery and monitoring
- Troubleshooting and configuration of networking systems
- Navy test and evaluations
- Leading small teams to successful completion of tasking
- Windows Servers and Storage and/or routing and switching technologies and/or virtualization
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Cabrillo Technologies is an E-Verify company.