Implements and administers programs to support goals and objectives by providing administrative support, coordinating the distribution and receipt of information and gathering/analyzing data. May also be responsible for day to day operation of an office environment. This may include handling office maintenance, office inventories and other facilities based issues.
Work assignments are often routine but on occasion may be non-routine and require some deviation from accepted practice and procedures to complete. Assignments are given in terms of subject area concerned, with specific objectives and possible problems identified. Follow guidelines which may include company and/or departmental policies and procedures, and rules and regulations that are well established but may require some deviation from normal operating procedures when completing more unique assignments.
- Administer local plant programs that are of an administrative nature
- Prepare written communications such as letters, memos, e-mail, etc.
- Review, tabulate and enter data into a variety of systems.
- Manage incoming calls.
- Filing, photocopying, mail distribution.
- May manage the day to day office operation.
- Promote the concept of working together as a team to build continual improvement with the Company and departments.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1) HS diploma or equivalent with 2-4 years of relevant administrative/operational support in manufacturing operations or office environment directly related to the duties of the job, OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of work experience.
2) Requires very good knowledge of general administrative/manufacturing operations procedures and knowledge of job specific processes to successfully execute and complete the more progressive/complex duties of the job.
3) Ability to follow company policy and understand any rules or regulations governing the work being completed and impact work has on department or company.
4) Must have very good knowledge of technology to include computers and software programs such as MS Office or MAC word processing, spreadsheets or other programs specific to the job in order to complete duties successfully.
5) Requires good knowledge of multiple functions or areas of the business in which there is frequent contact with while completing daily work assignments of the job.
6) Must have very good oral and written communication skills sufficient to explain departmental policy, methods and/or procedures when completing assignments.
7) Requires very good organizational skills sufficient to accomplish work by established deadlines and ability to coordinate phases of work with others.
Additional job knowledge, skills, and/or abilities specific to a department may be listed on the staffing requisition.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer