Loan Servicing Funding Specialist
Processes loan disbursements and subsequent transaction entries after obtaining pertinent loan documentation from the Lending Department, and verifying that documents are fully executed by the proper entity(s). Reviews and performs General Ledger entries of the funding related transactions through PeopleSoft. Submit collateral documents such as Deed of Trust, UCC-1, and Vehicle Titles, etc. to the appropriate jurisdictions for lien recording. Performs document review on new loans within the specified time period, and sets up tracking for required recurring documents. Files promissory notes, guarantee, and collateral documents in safekeeping. Reconcile loan fee expense on General Ledger. Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Processes loan disbursements.
- Processes general ledger transactions.
- Sends collateral documents for recording.
- Performs document review of new loans & set up tracking for missing or recurring documents.
- Work with Lending Team in resolving discrepancies in loan documentation
- Files notes, guaranties & collateral documents in safekeeping.
- Reconciles loan fee expense on general ledger.
- Performs other duties as assigned (check orders, respond to email requests
- Proficient in basic PC allocation, including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Proficient with the use of MFP, scanners, and copy machines.
- Knowledge and understanding of General Ledger reconciliations and transaction flow.
- Knowledge and understanding of loan servicing functions.
- Maintain a professional working relationship with others inside and/or outside the organization. Communicate effectively on routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining essential information which may require some discussion.
- Must be detail-oriented with a commitment to a high-level of data integrity and accuracy.
- Must be able to multi-task effectively and handle a large volume of work while maintaining accuracy and time sensitivity.
- Must be able to work effectively in a cohesive team and perform independently.
- Ability to lift 5-10 pounds.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Relationships F•I•R•S•T in all areas of job performance.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- At least four (4) years of experience in a commercial, mortgage, or consumer loan servicing operations role required.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.