Principal Financial Analyst - Diagnostic Imaging (DI) Devices and Software
Why Join ACIST?
We care as much about our employees as we do our patients. Our culture fosters a work environment where employees can thrive, be passionate and have fun along the way. Each member of the ACIST team has the power to make a difference......every day!
The Principal Financial Analyst – Diagnostic Imaging (DI) Devices & Software is a strategic role that will build a Finance business partnership with General Manager of the DI modality. This individual will partner with a global team to develop financial models to drive improved profitability and support new investment activities, drive the budgeting and forecasting process to ensure accuracy and key deliverables and objectives are met, as well as monthly closing reporting package and variances analysis. This role will be based in our Eden Prairie, MN headquarters, and will report directly to the VP Finance & ITS.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and maintain Finance business partnership with General Manager of DI Devices & Software in order to design DI strategy and drive profitability and growth
• Coordinate with commercial affiliates for sales consolidation and analysis
• Support DI General Manager for all Business Reviews
• Develop financial models for supporting business decisions and investment strategy
• Oversight of cost controlling activities related to Research and Development
• Partner with modality leaders for return on investment assessments
• Consolidate and analyze R&D costs across the units in USA and Switzerland
• Ownership of R&D Controlling model within DI modality
• Drive the planning sessions for DI modality in alignment with the Medical Device Unit consolidation, in particular: the annual budget and periodic forecast
• Drive the 5Y strategic planning financials related to the DI modality
• Prepare monthly analysis and reporting on actual data
• Analyze and explain key variances to support decision making
• Contribute to the overall Medical Device Unit reporting package for the portion of DI modality
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
• BA/BS degree with major in Business Administration
• Experienced Finance professional with 10+ years of experience working in a similar role for a global product-based company
• Experience building relationships with international partners, spanning multiple geographies and time zones.
• Demonstrated knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, financial markets, and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
• Business planning and forecasting experience
• Demonstrated ability to apply financial analysis and modeling to solve business challenges
• Ability to go beyond the numbers, consider the broad business implications in helping senior management and business partners; identify and exploit opportunities to improve business performance.
• Strong computer application skills including MS Word and MS PowerPoint are a must. This individual must have a strong understanding of database and information flows to allow for report creation and manipulation of downloaded data.
• Advanced MS Excel skills
• SAP/ERP, Business intelligence, business warehouse, and planning tool software experience (HFM / Hyperion, BW Reporting)
• High level interpersonal skills; Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to author and deliver presentations.
• Ability to work in an international environment, intercultural communication and time flexibility
• Ability to work effectively with senior management and business partners while influencing organizational decisions
• Work both independently and as part of a team
• Good organizational skills; Multi-task while effectively prioritizing and applying good judgment
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills, detailed oriented and thorough
• Exceptional time-management skills to meet project deadlines
• Ability to travel approximately 10-15%, domestic and international
• CPA and/or MBA
• Experience working in an FDA-regulated business