Mt. Juliet, TN
- Receive report from production management at start of shift.
- Run day to day production flow on assigned line, ensuring customer requirements are met.
- Translate the production requirements to planning board (if available) in your section.
- Be the first level of support on any issue and if needed, notify supervisor daily of labor needs (no-shows or shortages)
- Update performance/production board hourly
- Oversee all staff in section including (staying on task and in work area, break-time adherence, maintaining flow and process expectations.)
- Train staff and monitor their adherence to work instructions. Ensure initial training is complete and understand level of performance for section.
- Monitor staff performance to established process times. If required, develop an improvement plan that also includes motivational techniques.
- Monitor flow of product and adjust as needed to level stations and reducing constraint
- In charge of 5 S/housekeeping standards and checklists are complete for area and that all signage is appropriate for work on rack in area.
- Ensure Preventive Maintenance checklist are complete
- Make sure all those on line have product to work on at all times
- Troubleshooting immediate needs of line
- Communication to next shift
- Ensuring line is full for next shift
- Train, motivate, and support staff in all areas of company and departmental procedures and expectations
- Ensure quality and safety standards are met at all times
- May perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Maintain a professional attitude and exceptional attendance
- Anything else your supervisor deems appropriate for the position
- Understanding of 5S
- Good communication-both oral and written
- Understanding of motivational techniques
- Understanding of progressive discipline as needed
- Understanding of product flow and troubleshooting
- Understanding of production planning (Plan to Actual)
- Proven proactive problem solving ability
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills
- Ability to work with a diverse population, including all levels of management
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Previous section head experience/ demonstrated leadership and/or management ability preferred
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate others.