Sr Engineering Designer - Structural Revit Production
HOK designs buildings and spaces that respond to the needs of people and the environment. Our designers are rooted in technical excellence, driven by imagination and focused on a solitary goal: to deliver solutions that inspire clients and communities.
We are currently seeking a Sr Structural Engineering Design Professional to join our team. As a Sr Structural Engineering Design Professional, you will be responsible for designing and modeling assignments for a variety of building types, sizes and materials as well as the management and delivery of substantial portions of project work ranging from conceptual design through final construction documentation to construction administration.
- Develops, modifies and reviews models and drawings of structural engineering systems and components according to established standards and Revit modeling techniques, based on input from the structural engineering team.
- Organizes and maintains models and documents for multiple projects.
- Utilizes knowledge and experience in applying modeling principles for complete and accurate drawings.
- Produces drawing charts for schedules and data, making changes and adjustments as necessary with input from the structural engineering team as required.
- Tracks and manages modeling manpower, in coordination with the Structural Engineering Discipline Leader.
- Works closely with project team contributing and soliciting ideas and possible solutions while assisting in the completion of projects on aggressive schedules.
- Performs all work in a clear, complete, and accurate manner.
- Seeks input from more senior staff on technical matters to improve the overall project.
- Mentors, trains and directs the work of less experienced staff.
- Checks Revit models for clearances, potential conflicts, and relationships of the various parts to the whole and to one another, and resolves conflicts with other team members.
- Implements and utilizes HOK Best Practices for projects and processes.
- Actively seeks new knowledge related to engineering practices, principles and regulations changes.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
- Expert proficiency in Revit 2013 required. Proficiency in other BIM tools and AutoCAD preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of engineering principles and practices.
- Advanced knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of drawings, models, plans and details.
- Able to work creatively to reach solutions to complex problems.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Basic knowledge about sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines and drive other team members to effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related field preferred.
- Minimum of five years of Revit structural modeling experience working on a wide variety of building types and sizes, such as commercial, corporate, institutional and civic, justice, aviation and healthcare facilities.
- Experience managing models for projects of 1M square feet or greater.
- Experience managing and developing more junior staff.
- Experience working with a variety of structural materials and systems.
- Experience with architecturally significant buildings is a plus.
- Experience in working in integrated teams.
- LEED credentials required within 6 months of employment.
HOK is a drug-free workplace. HOK is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.