Representative, Concurrent Enrollment
Front Range Community College
Representative, Concurrent Enrollment - Larimer Campus
Who We Are
We are the largest community college in Colorado, enrolling close to 28,000 credit students annually. We were one of 30 colleges in the initial American Association of Community Colleges Pathways Project, recently selected as a “Most Promising Place to Work” in Diverse Magazine, and profiled as one of six top community colleges for transfer student success in a recent Aspen Institute publication. We have developed a strong strategic plan focused on improving student graduation and transfer rates and have made significant investments in advising and other student support programs.
We also have a strong commitment to inclusion, equity, and diversity. We are actively seeking to hire a workforce that matches our student community.
We are guided by the philosophy “One College, Many Communities.” Campuses share many common values, goals, and practices, but are also given the opportunity and flexibility to develop unique cultures and programs that serve individual communities. In addition, we have a clear vision outlined in its strategic plan. For more information, visit the following: www.frontrange.edu and VISION 2020.
Who You Are
As the Concurrent Enrollment Representative, you will support the student services operations of the concurrent enrollment program in conjunction with local area high schools. You will provide a presence for Front Range Community College (FRCC) at assigned high schools and will create a college culture and experience for concurrent enrollment students. In this position, you will serves as the on-site point of contact with high school staff at designated schools to ensure smooth day-to-day operations of concurrent enrollment programs with a strong focus on student support and retention. As such, you will spend a majority of time supporting the high schools on site or remotely, checking in regularly at the College Now office on the FRCC campus. Ability and means to travel to local area high schools is required, and occasional evening hours will be expected.
You will work under the direction of the College Now Student Services Coordinator and support the Admissions and Outreach (A&O) department with its outreach and enrollment opportunities for high school populations.
The Concurrent Enrollment Representative is a 10-month, two-year limited position, with the intent to continue the position contingent on funding. You would work from August to May each year.
SELECTION PROCESS: Position will remain open until filled with a priority deadline of September 2, 2020.
In your application, please include a resume and cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with requirements, qualification and responsibilities of the Concurrent Enrollment Specialist.
SALARY: mid $30s annually
Support student services aspects of programs directed toward high school students at designated high schools, including:
Marketing and recruiting
- Conduct presentations or disseminate program information in individual, small and large group settings, on FRCC’s campus or at the local assigned high schools during information nights.
- Assist in social media, technology initiatives, mobile and web presence for College Now in consultation with Marketing and Communications staff.
- Administer the Accuplacer test to students at high school sites.
- Review results and placement levels with students.
- Conduct preliminary academic advising to assist students with concurrent enrollment course selection including registration and resolving registration holds.
- Assist Campus Select and incoming high school students with class registration and orientation at FRCC and/or high school site.
- Promote and support student success by connecting students with campus resources.
- Encourage continued participation in concurrent enrollment programs in subsequent semesters, as appropriate.
- Focus on retention initiatives to encourage concurrent enrollment students to continue at FRCC after high school.
Act as a liaison between FRCC and partner high schools
- Build relationships with and provide support to high school counselors, instructors, and other staff members.
- Serve as an FRCC resource in the high schools by providing information about classes, enrollment processes, college policies, etc.
- Assist the Instructional Coordinator in communications and information distribution to High School Select instructors.
Support the College Now department with matriculation efforts, admissions processes, and special events. This may include:
- Act as liaison between the College Now office and Admissions and Outreach (A&O) for a coordinated presence in the high schools and community. Participate in A&O department meetings monthly.
- Support programming related to matriculation for graduating College Now seniors.
- Partner with Admissions and Outreach staff/director to support other high school related events, including college fairs and on campus outreach events as determined or needed.
- Maintain current knowledge of FRCC onboarding, orientation, outreach, and admissions processes.
- Assist with campus tours for groups and individuals.
- Back up A&O staff for student service, walk-ins, tours, and special events.
- Support and facilitate the Pathways College Student Success Initiatives and Campus Outreach Plan related to strategic priorities and the promotion of student experience and success culture.
- Participate in college-wide and local concurrent enrollment workgroup meetings.
- Communication skills: Communicates effectively both in writing and verbally to welcome students, provide information, explain processes, and answer questions.
- Presentation skills: Develops and facilitates clear and effective presentations to inform students, parents, and community members about programs.
- Relationship building: Develops professional and friendly relationships with students and parents, as well as faculty and staff from both FRCC and the high schools.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Works effectively with students and families from diverse backgrounds and experiences. Demonstrates commitment to supporting students from underrepresented backgrounds.
- Collaboration: Collaborates between students, parents, high school counselors, and FRCC resources to support students. Works closely with high school counselors to address issues and needs.
- Organizational Skills: Manages time efficiently to support multiple schools, prioritize tasks, multi-task, and track student information with attention to detail.
- Professionalism and Accountability: Represents FRCC and College Now in a professional manner. Completes job duties in the high schools with minimal direct supervision.
REQUIRED EDUCATION/TRAINING & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s Degree
- One year of experience in Higher Education or K-12 setting or working with high school students.
- Experience with presentations and/or public speaking.
- Demonstrated computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite).
PREFERRED EDUCATION/TRAINING & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with concurrent enrollment programs
- Fluent in Spanish
Welcoming. Respectful. Inclusive. Together, we are FRCC.