ACH Operations Analyst
The ACH Operations Analyst provides processing and operational support to our Third Party Payment Processors (TPPP). Responsible and accountable for the effective servicing of all TPPP relationships. Serves as a main point of contact for client problem resolution. Acts as the operational expert for third party payment processers needs and addresses operational issues to ensure they are resolved in an efficient and timely manner. Respond and resolves issues of the highest complexity by maintaining a strong knowledge of bank products and services. Responds timely to inquiries from client received via telephone, or email in accordance with established procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists in designing processes/workflows for TPPP enhanced monitoring.
- Performs ACH oversight for TPPP.
- Establishes himself/herself over time to the subject matter expert on 3rd party processing.
- Delivers superior support to management (internal and external).
- Research and resolve the highest level escalated issues.
- Respond and performs timely to TPPP’s inquiries, including but not limited to ACH and Digital Banking.
- Acts as a liaison between TPPP and internal partners to ensure smooth communication and execution of client needs.
- Conduct independent research for Unauthorized transactions/Fraud/ Special ad hoc requests from client.
- Analyzes complex problems and delivers solutions where a precedent may not exist
- Performs TPPP Daily Funds Availability analysis.
- Performs ACH Transaction Monitoring.
- Participates in the TPPP Monthly calls and analysis review.
- Maintains complete and accurate documentation of activities and transactions, as required.
- Support other ACH and Digital Banking operational related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five (5) years in a Payment Processing OR ACH origination environment OR experience with documenting /refining operational processes/workflows.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills. Proficient in Word and Excel (including ability to create analytical spreadsheets, charts, and graphs). Microsoft Access is a plus
- At least three (3) years of customer service for financial institution required or a minimum of two (2) years of bank operations experience required.
- Experience interacting with senior level management (internally and externally).
- Experience analyzing, researching and resolving high risk transactions
- Demonstrated problem solving ability and initiative with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and customer initiatives with varying timelines and deadlines.
- Knowledge of working with Commercial Bank customer relationships preferred.
- Working knowledge of branch/deposit operations preferred.
- Understanding of Third Party Sender relationships preferred.
- Understanding of customer account maintenance functions preferred.
- Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) and/or Accredited ACH Professional (AAP) strongly preferred.
- High school diploma required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Highly motivated, self-driven individual, who can operate independently and take accountability for the function,
- Ability to work and solve customer problems with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to motivate, influence and collaborate with others both internally and externally.
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and prioritize your focus on most impactful activities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent client service skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills when interacting with internal and external clients.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Relationships FIRST in all areas of job performance