Director of Vendor Management
Eagle Bancorp, Inc. headquartered in Bethesda, MD, was incorporated in 1997 to serve as the bank holding company for EagleBank. Eagle Bancorp is a publicly traded company under the symbol EGBN. EagleBank commenced banking operations on July 20, 1998, and currently operates 20 banking offices: six in Suburban, Maryland, five located in the District of Columbia; and nine in Northern Virginia. The Bank was founded to specifically address the business and personal needs of local business owners. It has been answering and exceeding those needs for over 20 years, providing custom financial solutions, local access to senior management, quick response, local decision-making, and a deeply-rooted dedication to the local community.
Our Mission is to be the most respected and profitable community bank by putting relationships first to the delight of our customers, employees, and shareholders, and relentlessly deliver the most compelling service and value. Eagle Bank’s Values are: Relationships F·I·R·S·T: Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted.
Responsible for developing, implementing, administering, training, maintaining and annually assessing all aspects of the bank-wide Contract and Vendor Management Program. This is a critical area of risk to the bank given its reliance on third parties in providing its products and services. Provide knowledge leadership, coordination and support in the identification, assessment and mitigation of risks in order to minimize their impact to the bank.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, build, run and manage the governance and framework supporting third party risk management.
- Promote bank-wide understanding of third party risks through the management and administration of the bank-wide contract management, due diligence and risk management program, including third party criticality, risk assessment, updating of policies and procedures, monitoring, training and reporting to senior management and the Board of Directors.
- Support business units in the due diligence processes, risk assessment and contract negotiation. Collaborates with the departments and key individuals around the organization and at all levels to coordinate activities and acts as consultant on the process of completing required timely contract review documentation. Oversees and works with the contract owner to ensure the appropriate documentation is collected and exceptions are memorialized. Verifies assigned Risk Rating on contract submissions and renewals for all vendors to ensure accurate and consistent risk ratings within the bank’s risk guidelines and to ensure that the appropriate due diligence is be performed.
- Reviews, maintains and ensures accuracy and files for all of the banks contracts in the vendor management system. Notifies the business owner of the contract renewal period, ensures contract negotiated in a timely manner to minimize service interruption and follows up until action is completed. Reviews contracts and facilitates contract review as required by Bank policy.
- Implement, manage and maintain systems supporting program requirements.
- Coordinate and provide collaboration with SMEs (Subject Matter Experts) on risks.
- Research issues and respond to questions from bank personnel, utilizing legal and regulatory reference materials, professional associations, firms and organizations as appropriate.
- Manage relationships with third-parties supporting the program activities.
- Stay abreast of regulatory matters and best practices involving areas of responsibility. Participate in, and prepare for, regulatory examinations and internal audits and assist in preparing responses to exams and audits.
- Provide support in in other risk management programs and responsibilities (e.g. business resiliency, information security), as needed, including other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Mathematics, Economics or related field
- 7 years of proven financial institution experience in developing and managing
- operational risk policies and programs related to vendor management
- Relevant Certifications including CRVPM (Certified Regulatory Vendor Program Manager)
- Working knowledge of MS Office and ability to implement and maintain systems supporting operational risk activities
- Knowledge of regulatory expectation relating to third party risk management, contract management
- Strong understanding of third party resiliency
- General knowledge of risk management fundamentals
- 3 years in leadership or direct management role
- Experience using and maintaining VendorPoint system
- Understanding of banking operations
EagleBank promotes an equal employment opportunity workplace which includes reasonable accommodation of otherwise qualified disabled applicants and employees.