Sr. Project Manager
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the management of large, complex, and internal/external facing projects such as: new customer implementations, facility moves, process improvement initiatives, and enterprise wide technology initiatives. The Senior Project Manager will be asked to manage multiple large scale projects at one time while aligning timelines, budgets, deliverables, and resources as necessary.
- Manages multiple projects from the planning stage through implementation. Solicits feedback regarding the operational effectiveness. Works with all internal resources to manage account initiatives and deliverables. Identifies project timelines and milestones, tracks progress, and ensures deadlines are met.
- Able to manage a team consisting of Project Managers and Project Coordinators. Able to provide coaching, direction, remove obstacles, and balance work load.
- Management of multiple large scale projects at one time while aligning timelines, budgets, deliverables, and resources as necessary.
- Leads solution design efforts for customers/projects. Works with customers, sales team, and operations to understand the solution that was sold and to implement creative solutions to solve complex supply chain issues and reduce overall logistics cost for customers.
- Builds and leverages effective alliances within and across the company. Leads cross-functional teams to project success and clear solution delivery.
- Develops and maintains business relationships through effective communication with all levels of management within designated accounts. Works with key decision makers to set mutually beneficial annual goals and strategies to increase utilization of all services and programs, meet/exceed budget goals, and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Manages projects with resources of high corporate standing and drives decisions that have a direct impact on organizational direction.
- Acts as a mentor and continuous improvement driver to other members in the PMO.
- Strong leadership. Ability to set strategic direction, remove obstacles and offer unique solutions to complex problems. Provide team with coaching, training and mentoring.
- Strong knowledge of project management methodologies, concepts, processes, and documentation is necessary. Strong ability to problem-solve, generate ideas, and develop creative solutions.
- This position requires interaction with internal/external customers. Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of management, peers, and clients is necessary. Excellent problem-solving, task prioritization, follow-up, and customer service skills required.
- Strong analytical and financial analysis skills necessary, including the ability to develop cost models and work directly with the Finance department.
- Advanced computer proficiency in MS Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, Vison and Word.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and a minimum of 5-7 years of Project Management experience in Logistics/Supply Chain, Transportation, and/or Sales support.
- PMP Certification required.
This position is located at 1260 Karl Ct, Wauconda, IL. View the Google Map in full screen.