Transportation and Logistics
The selected candidate will be responsible for assisting with the efficient transportation and installation of product to customers in a manner and condition that meets customer and company requirements. Duties will include assisting with the delivery and installation of equipment and products (i.e. appliances, cabinets, and electronic equipment) to offices, warehouse locations and residential customers. Also responsible for assisting with timely reporting.
- Assists with the transportation, installation and delivery of goods in accordance with the schedule as determined by supervisor. Properly secures loads and ensures loads are within weight limits.
- Verifies counts and condition of goods loaded and unloaded. Makes reports of overages, shortages, and breakage/damage as needed.
- Assures that all equipment/product is safely loaded and secured.
- Ensures good customer relations by consistently delivering orders on time and acting in a courteous and professional manner.
- Reports into the dispatch office when completing a scheduled delivery and/or when delayed.
- Assists with the completion of daily equipment (truck) maintenance logs, delivery, and driver logs.
- Verifies all customer documentation is complete and that all activity is reported accurately on the installation/driver’s form, and returns all paperwork to the office on a daily basis.
- Assists with unloading trucks/trailers unit and assures that it is well kept and maintained.
- Operates the truck/trailer units in a safe manner. Reports any vehicle problems and defects. Must comply with all Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR) and other standards and regulations. Maintains a good driving record.
- Abides and follows company safety policy and conducts all activities as safely as possible.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- A current/unexpired driver’s license or state/federal ID card is required.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs. unrestricted is required.
- Must have general knowledge of moving techniques.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including overtime with little notice, and overnight runs is necessary.
- Must successfully complete a criminal background investigation and drug screen.
- Must maintain a clean criminal record and remain drug free.
This position is located at 9080 Activity Rd, San Diego, CA. View the Google Map in full screen.