I-Gen Digital Print Imaging Operator
Buffalo Grove, IL•
- Operate high resolution, variable print proprietary imaging equipment.
- Program and prepare jobs for printing, using Igen 150 Press, HP Indigo 7000 Digital Press, HP T200 Color Inkjet Webb Press & HP T230 Color Inkjet Web Press.
- Maintain daily print job production logs and daily delivery manifests.
- Setup, program and release jobs from print queue.
- Adjust image position. Color quality and resolution, perforations and folds on paper, etc.
- Monitor quality of job output for correctness and image quality.
- Order supplies such as ink, chemical solutions, blankets and rollers, paper, tabs, and other items as needed.
- Maintain inventory levels.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Advanced knowledge of digital print and/or inkjet imaging equipment set up, adjustment, operating procedures, and a corresponding level of skill to set up, operate, and adjust the equipment.
- Able to set up, operate, and adjust the equipment, and in addition, diagnose, solve, and correct operating problems affecting the quality and timeliness of the service or product or function.
- Advanced knowledge of color theory and ability to make adjustments and color corrections when operating the equipment to produce the imaging to customer specifications.
- Excellent knowledge of file manipulation and file formats for digital print.
- Excellent knowledge and ability to set up feed rollers, tensioning, timing and in-line finishing per job specifications.
- May instruct junior level operators how to complete the required corrective adjustment.
- Typically, corrective adjustments performed require the operator to consider the symptom(s), possible causes and remedies.
- PC literate, able to navigate files and folders to set up equipment for production
- Ability and motivation to learn new digital equipment.
- Quality focused, ability to recognize color issues and recommend solutions
- Self motivated team player
- Physical abilities: Able to lift up to 60 lbs., ability to stand for a full 8 or 12 hour production shift, ability to handle materials up to 5ft x 10ft of various weights, lifting from floor to table height